Robilt Faceting Help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the guy who used to have the Robily Lapidary shop in Melbourne? I onced emailed him and got a reply a few months later and by that time I didn't have the laps so I didn't worry about the dops. Now I have the laps (plate laps) and have 4 dop sticks; 3 are flat and 1 is the table one.

Also, if anyone has spares or is wanting to sell them, please pm me!

Thanks - Jack :Y:

I can make the dops,just need a sample dop to work with as I dont have one of those.

Rough2Cut, They need a little hole cut into them and a little piece of metal to act as a key. How much would you charge for each dop and how small can you make them? Thanks a tonne! :D :D :Y:

Ok, LoneWolf. It seems as he has removed his Whitepages contact information off the site. :| Anyway, thanks for telling me that! :Y:

Oh by the way Rough2Cut, I have a dop that I could give as a sample dop. There are 2 with rounded front faces :eek: (I don't know why) and one with a flat face. Anyone; you can choose lol!

No Worries.. I haven't had the need to contact him, But I Know he has 2 Jobs ....

People I know have waited Months for him to contact them. :| ...

LW... :rainbow:

Yes, I have waited about 3 months to contact him and he just sent a picture of the dops and the price. That was over a year ago; I was going to buy them then but I didn't because he didn't reply of the sizes of the dops.

No wonder 'Other Brands' are the 'Preferred Brands'.... :/

Better off going with r2c idea to make some... I bet He is Itching to 'Play' with the Lathe... :Y: :lol:

Yes LW and MrMagoo, I will go with R2c's offer to make some. I reckon they will do the trick magnificently and work a treat. :D

Every-one I know , Who has a Robilt has had their Sticks made.. He is just too hard to Contact.... I had 'Restored' one a few years ago and had trouble getting some Bushings from him, so I got a mate to make some on his Lathe... Worked a treat... :Y:

Latest posts