SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been in the works for a few years now & a lot of units are now out of warranty anyway.
A NF 8x6, 12x8, & maybe 147 or 14x9 would be great.
I don't see any benefit with MPF of coils much bigger apart from ground coverage but Evolution type coils would be interesting. Not sure how they would go with the faster pulse on hot ground? Maybe NF have come up with a coil wound especially for the SDC? MPF by design doesn't lend itself to depth although even with the standard 8" can be surprising on some targets.
If I still owned my SDC I would be waiting impatiently or torturing someone for more info :lol:

i was thinking of a smaller coil option to clean up the tiddlers around Tibooburra which it seems the high frequency VLFs have had an edge on.

Here comes the stupid question:

Why would you want a different coil on the SDC?

Does the SDC crap out when it comes to bigger lower targets?

Marauder said:
Here comes the stupid question:

Why would you want a different coil on the SDC?

Does the SDC crap out when it comes to bigger lower targets?

Better depth and better ground coverage.

HoudiniHarry said:
nuggetino said:
i was thinking of a smaller coil option to clean up the tiddlers around Tibooburra which it seems the high frequency VLFs have had an edge on.

How small do you want :)
The SDC finds some really tiny gold and any smaller I would need better glasses!

True but hundreds of tiny nugglets still add up!

Here's a post about Tibooburra and the SDC/GB2 tally
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23244
I'd like to try the Gold Racer and 4" round coil out that way when I get a chance.

I've just came back from a trip in WA and dug a target at 900mm or more with my sdc had to get my son to help as I was stuffed it started like ground noise at first I new it was a target after I had scraped 150mm off kept getting louder after that thought we were onto the big one turned it to be a rusty bit of tin so they can go deep if you go over a target and pick it as a signal I woul love to have a 12x7on my sdc reckon it would be great cheers Muk.

Yep Agree that a bigger coil that goes deeper would be great.
It would have to be easliy interchangeable with the original or other coils as well.

I am hoping its a larger coil and can go deeper. I will get it when its out :) .
Is it just 1 coil or are they bringing out more.

Muk said:
I've just came back from a trip in WA and dug a target at 900mm or more with my sdc had to get my son to help as I was stuffed it started like ground noise at first I new it was a target after I had scraped 150mm off kept getting louder after that thought we were onto the big one turned it to be a rusty bit of tin so they can go deep if you go over a target and pick it as a signal I woul love to have a 12x7on my sdc reckon it would be great cheers Muk.

Mate how big was the bit of tin at 900mm, thats 3 feet and my SDC does not punch that deep, in fact I have only dug one target with the GPZ that was close to 3 feet.

as5672 said:
I am hoping its a larger coil and can go deeper. I will get it when its out :) .
Is it just 1 coil or are they bringing out more.

The GoldSearch website says "search coils" (plural), which seems to indicate that more than one is planned.

G'day goldwright the tin was about the size of a dinner plate or slightly larger believe me I was blown away by it so was my son who has a gpz as I said it took awhile to turn into a clear signal and as we were in a area that had little to no junk is the reason I kept digging cheers Muk

Hi all, any update on this thread? I'm in the market for an SDC2300, but my only concern is the lack of flexibility, particularly given the price of the unit.

Anyone herd anything about different coils for the sdc seems to have gone quiet? Cheers Muk.

I thought the coil wasn't removable so would you have to send it to Minelab for a swap? :rolleyes:
Or does the shaft slide all the way out so you can clean inside?
I still haven't had the joy of using one so we'll call this Stupid question Monday :p

B5mech I don't know I just herd they were making coils for the sdc I hope they do I think a 12/7 would be great cheers Muk.

Latest posts