Two trout from Sunday on the fly

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

T
1507588719_img_0140.jpg
he rainbow from Talbot res and the brown from Newlyn Res.

Dry or wet flys Doug?

I love my fly fishing, but up here its Barra and sarratoga instead of trout.
What I love about trout fishing is the locations, Probably the most fun I had by myself was near adaminaby, on the Eucambene river, still snow on the ground, crystal clear stream, little fish, but I really didn't care about their size.!

davent said:
Dry or wet flys Doug?

I love my fly fishing, but up here its Barra and sarratoga instead of trout.
What I love about trout fishing is the locations, Probably the most fun I had by myself was near adaminaby, on the Eucambene river, still snow on the ground, crystal clear stream, little fish, but I really didn't care about their size.!

Wet flies, Pheasant tail nymph and Philbricks seals fur nymph.

I caught a cuppla trout at Lake Eildon when I was in my 20's and they were the nicest tasting fish cooked straight out of the water in some salted butter-yummo.
Jaros ]:D

Jaros said:
I caught a cuppla trout at Lake Eildon when I was in my 20's and they were the nicest tasting fish cooked straight out of the water in some salted butter-yummo.
Jaros ]:D

I stuffed the trout with lemon wedges and herbs then drenched them with olive oil and lemon juice, wrapped them in foil and baked them at 200 deg c.They were very tasty.Other times I smoke them or after freezing the fillets I cold smoke cure them for 3-4 days in the fridge then have them as sushi.

Yep, they do come out well that way. When i cook saltwater fish I also place onion in side as well or cook them on a bed of onion rings. Getting hungry after fast yesterday for20 hrs for my back operation. So far it seems to be working!!! yippeee.
Jaros :p

Good luck with your back Jaro's.

I often buy salmon from woolies, as I love them and trout.

Latest posts