TABLELANDS NQ PANNING

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Sometime next week we are planning to visit the Tablelands outside Cairns for a couple of days. The aim is to look for potential panning areas where we can go that are fairly easily accessible. Have been told there are places on the Barron River, but maybe the Johnson or Mulgrave Rivers too. If anyone has any ideas they are willing to share (not your own private spots) it would be appreciated. Cheers.

Thank you for that. We will check it out and seem to remember seeing something about the Clohsey mentioned in an article we've read. We live in Ingham and have detected out around Georgetown at Western Creek Station, Dells Hole and Long Gully. Looking at doing panning and sluicing for a while - seems like a fun thing to do. There are lots of Youtube videos we've watched. Thanks again.

Simmo, is there an easy way in? I went for a look a while ago, but every way in I found was fenced!

Talon, if you want some company, I've been intending to have a look round there for a while with my detector. Let me know

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Fencing is a problem we struck in WA this year. We are wondering whether to take the 4x4 or our buzz box up to the Tablelands. What would be more useful? Some company would fine. We are retired and would probably be going up during the week rather than a weekend and are open to dates. Either this week or next. Let's know what you think. Cheers, Steve and Dorothy

Hi Simmo

A neighbour who used to live in the Atherton area also mentioned about fencing in the area. He said the river may be dry and you'd have to go in a fair way to get to water. Would that be the case?

Cheers, Steve

Hi Guys,
I haven't been there in years so unfortunately cant help you with access.
I know Tone used to go there often.

You also have davies river a little bet ferther up.
Same thing. Probably no water.
You may find some deeper areas with water tho.

both davies and clohsey never ever run dry.

gold is in and around clohsey.

never seen anything come out of davies.

Talon said:
Hi Nigel

Fencing is a problem we struck in WA this year. We are wondering whether to take the 4x4 or our buzz box up to the Tablelands. What would be more useful? Some company would fine. We are retired and would probably be going up during the week rather than a weekend and are open to dates. Either this week or next. Let's know what you think. Cheers, Steve and Dorothy

Hi, probably can't get the time off this or next week, but let me know how you get on, maybe we can try another time.

Nigel

Hi Nigel
Yeah, no worries. Being retired has some advantages. :) It is getting a bit hot to be scrambling around the bush, but if we get up there will let you know what we find.
Steve

Latest posts