GM 1000 Finds In Shoalhaven

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First Beach today 40 minutes at 7 mile beach
The GM 1000 (Khaleesi) did not like the wet sand at all the higher up i went the better it was
all settings were on max today and windy as shite
i will play with the settings a bit later

7 mile beach heading north
1507433474_20171008_1325361.jpg

7 Mile beach heading south
1507433499_20171008_1325431.jpg

Today's Finds
1507433624_101_70461.jpg

1507433644_101_70471.jpg

The ring is 375 with a black stone it has embossed it --- AJCO-375-symbol of an anchor-V(or a K not sure)

all targets gave a very good/high reading they are listed below as i found them
the cup was about 40cm (16 inches) (I thought the Khaleesi was having a go at me)
50c was about 20cm (8 inches)
20c was catching the sun
the ring was about 30cm (12 inches)
the bottle tops were between 10cm to 20cm (4 - 8 inches)
the foil was around 30cm (12 inches)
fishing swivel was about 30cm (12 inches)

Great work mate, nice ring that one. :Y:

See if you can shine any light through the stone, it might be a sapphire, some sapphs can be very dark coloured.

OH YEAH!...NICE RING! :D :D ...Looks to me as a Garnett mate :Y: :Y: ...unreal depth list you got there Ken...40cm''...shite :eek: ]:D Very Impressed mate. :Y: cheers mate.

the upper part of the sand was very dry down to at least 2 feet in some parts so i think that helped as well
still learning how khaleesi works ;) ;) ;)
also reefer thinking of meeting you and the boys (and girl) half way and do one the beaches at Kiama if you are interested
when you get the 705 worked out ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

Ok here we go
Met up with reefer and pete165 at Bombo beach this morning good to put a face to the phone calls pete165 :Y: :Y:
we started with reefer helping set the two 705's up then hit the beach
reefer stayed behind something about no breakfast and wanted coffee :lol: :lol: :lol: must go with the age :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Mackka) to tell the truth its a waste of time nothing at all few small bits of junk
we spent at least 1.5 hours there stopping every now and then to play with the settings on the 705
The GM 1000 (Khaleesi) picked up everything that was not sand :mad: :mad: :mad: bits of foil no bigger the a 5c piece sent it off her head at about 6"
we then decided to move to what i thought was the beach in Kima its self
Walking back to the car reefer me then pete165 we got back to the vehicles put our gear away turned around no pete found him having a little rest overlooking the water ]:D ]:D ]:D
Ok reefer we will follow you ;) ;) ;) mmmmmmmmmmm lets just say we got there finally (my mistake i didn't listen to what was said) but it was a good half hour drive and we did see some of the country side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: even the outskirts of Shellharbour
Had some coffee then hit the beach
Junk Junk Junk Junk oh and a spoon was the best find of the day oh and the lighter still works :lol: :lol:
1509515543_101_70671.jpg

Hi 7.62 Marksman.

Thanks to you and reefer for taking me along with you guys today and bearing with me. Newbies can be a pain in the you know what . Nice rest was had !!!!!!. Have to agree though mostly rubbish was found. We might have some better luck next time. Reefer makes a mean black coffee. Yes it was good to put a face to the calls. Have downloaded some reading materials on the 705. will read them. One is 98 pages in length. Will get to videos in the next few days.

All good mate no problems at all
Next time we will do the one reefer wanted to do at shellharbour might have better luck at that one
Good to meet you and remember keep it low to the ground and slow you will get better results but all up a good day was had by all :Y: :Y: e

Was it a different one to the ones we went to? I think I will try some of the beaches around little bay.

Latest posts