Someone want to partner up and start a goldmine somewhere

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
basically what the title says
looking for people that would want to partner up and start a goldmine either in Kalgoorlie WA or central goldfields but if someone wants to do an exhibition over seas I'm all for it
I've been playing on the idea for a while but now that I have the money to start the venture would like someone to do it with

Sounds like an exciting new venture, sadly i'm not in WA to join the fun....

*Bookmarked

Gypsy

Sounds great , hopefully someone with the knowledge required to provide a profitable mine site will join you , if you have the cash your partner should at least have the equipment or site or skills needed.
I would get on the bandwagon but i am hoping to start a diamond mine either in northern territory or with any luck in my back paddock. Goodluck :Y:

Nuggetnoob said:
looking for people that would want to partner up and start a goldmine either in Kalgoorlie WA or central goldfields but if someone wants to do an exhibition over seas I'm all for it
I've been playing on the idea for a while but now that I have the money to start the venture would like someone to do it with

How much research are you prepared to do ?

A few thousand hours ?

"If it was that easy everyone would be doing it"

Even in the great days of the gold rush thy might dig 100 - 200 holes that were duffers before they got a strike .

These days it's 100 times tougher because even if you found ground that could be profitable you then have the massive hurdle of negotiating with councils , EPA , native title , mines dept , work cover , land owners , greenies .

Head fx galore .

And that's without factoring in costs of equipment hire / purchasing , maintenance costs , finding staff , public liability insurance policies , site security .....

So , when do we begin ?

:eek:

With the aid of ground penetrating radar that can also tell u the conductivity along with a mag reading it seems finding a spot to mine should be far easier than it was for the old timers, but yep the paperwork would certainly make it harder to actually start mining it.
Depending on how much time, money, effort you want to spend on finding a spot and getting approval, seems it may well be a better idea to buy a pre-approved prospect or turn key operation with the possibility of future targets.
Best of luck, hope you can get it up and running.

aussiefarmer said:
Sounds great , hopefully someone with the knowledge required to provide a profitable mine site will join you , if you have the cash your partner should at least have the equipment or site or skills needed.
I would get on the bandwagon but i am hoping to start a diamond mine either in northern territory or with any luck in my back paddock. Goodluck :Y:

If you want an investor or partner give a tell for me haha ?

HeadsUp said:
Nuggetnoob said:

How much research are you prepared to do ?

A few thousand hours ?

"If it was that easy everyone would be doing it"

Even in the great days of the gold rush thy might dig 100 - 200 holes that were duffers before they got a strike .

These days it's 100 times tougher because even if you found ground that could be profitable you then have the massive hurdle of negotiating with councils , EPA , native title , mines dept , work cover , land owners , greenies .

Head fux galore .

And that's without factoring in costs of equipment hire / purchasing , maintenance costs , finding staff , public liability insurance policies , site security .....

So , when do we begin ?

:eek:

Send me a message if your interested :) :Y:

Haha , this must be a joke right?

Can you please explain why you believe anyone would find you a worthy partner? Do you have any land? Do you have any experience? What are you bringing to the partnership?

There are plenty of people out here with enthusiasm and dreams of grandeur it takes a bit more then that to start a gold mine unfortunately.

ILikeGold said:
Can you please explain why you believe anyone would find you a worthy partner? Do you have any land? Do you have any experience? What are you bringing to the partnership?
There are plenty of people out here with enthusiasm and dreams of grandeur it takes a bit more then that to start a gold mine unfortunately.

Well Nuggetnoob did say, "now that I have the money to start the venture", so there's that. ;)

Despite the above comments, here in WA it's not all that difficult to get started in gold mining if someone is prepared to invest some time and capital and give it a go. You don't have to start from scratch - there are usually some leases for sale on Gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lei...g-lease-for-sale-western-australia/1157747409
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gledhow/other-real-estate/mining-lease/1159851109
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sil...estate/gold-lease-p40-1405-132-ha-/1159390000
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ger...mining-prospecting-leases-for-sale/1157637270

(Disclaimer: no recommendations are made or implied by the above - caveat emptor applies in all cases)

grubstake said:
ILikeGold said:

Well Nuggetnoob did say, "now that I have the money to start the venture", so there's that. ;)

All money is going to get him is ripped off.

I actively mine in WA on my leases and have seen plenty of money splashed around before, usually ending up with someone going home with their tail between the legs.
I have also had dealings with selling leases to people who don't know what they are doing, generally it involves me spending loads of my own time babysitting and constant phone calls asking what to do next. Which is why I won't even discuss selling a lease to someone any more unless they are capable of standing on their own.

He is of course free to spend his money how ever he likes, and I wish him luck.

ILikeGold, you seem to be on a bit of a downer. While l completely agree that anyone trying to start a mine without knowing what they are in for will likely go home broke and disappointed; Nuggetnoob is at least trying to do this as a joint venture with hopefully someone that knows the game well enough to avoid some of the pitfalls. If he's bringing enough money to the table and he can find a partner with enough knowledge and experience then there is no reason he can't make it work. To be honest l would love to be over there doing what he is now, but like most of us here it's just not an option for me for now.
Best of luck finding the right partner for this venture Nuggetnoob. Here's hoping you can make a fortune out of it or at very least have some fun.

Matt80 said:
ILikeGold, you seem to be on a bit of a downer. While l completely agree that anyone trying to start a mine without knowing what they are in for will likely go home broke and disappointed; Nuggetnoob is at least trying to do this as a joint venture with hopefully someone that knows the game well enough to avoid some of the pitfalls. If he's bringing enough money to the table and he can find a partner with enough knowledge and experience then there is no reason he can't make it work. To be honest l would love to be over there doing what he is now, but like most of us here it's just not an option for me for now.
Best of luck finding the right partner for this venture Nuggetnoob. Here's hoping you can make a fortune out of it or at very least have some fun.

I don't know whether he'll make a fortune or have fun, but he'll certainly learn stuff by trying. Whether it's stuff he would want to learn, is another matter! He may well finish up sadder for the experience, but at least he'll be wiser. :rolleyes:

Meh if you never fail you never really learn. I've had plenty of fun failing and had terrible times while winning.
I do hope Nuggetnoob is smart enough not to go all in on his first project though. The risks are high, but then it's still a better risk than sitting at the pokies.

Life's an adventure you never come out of alive.
Smartest thing he did, was post in this forum. Lots of sceptics here to keep him grounded in reality and a lot of decent people who will post no nonsense answers to his question.
Who cares if he spends his money chasing his dream, as long as his happy , Im glad for him to enjoy the adventure.
Plus, all most all of us have contemplated doing the same thing, that he is talking about doing , buying a lease and hopefully finding gold enough to make it all worthwhile.. :Y:

Hi Nuggetnoob. You'll need plenty of money if you're starting off from scratch.You need a D6 size dozer, 100hp minimum, or a big excavator, or better still, both. Hire a mining agent to do the applications for you.. Let them handle the massive amounts of red tape for you. Then there's the insurance, planning permit,land rental costs, land owners compensation for the use of their land, rehabilitation bonds etc. Don't bother with crown land unless you're positive there's a fortune there as it's not worth the extra red tape you have to go through, plus native title, and the money you'll lose if you want to remove trees. I've had 37 years experience in detecting and operating mining licences in Victoria. I believe the requirements in W.A. are less stringent. Good Luck with your venture. wiley coyote.

also what I don't get is how come developers that push new homes and roads/estate with excavators/dump trucks even carrying dirt away somewhere else need no land bond ? yet later you build a home on it or push a road in and it dose not go back to the original state it was in example a road or estate build on a flood plane or dry lake or just a nice paddock why do we have to have so much red tape with our small 4m by 4m small scale shaft when these developers do so much more damage ??? I know we have to fill holes in remove crushing plants etc etc but really the developers get away with so much more at little costs compared to what miners have to pay for lease bonds and other sh.t I think if they can push a road in a pristine paddock with endangered plants etc without a 10k land bond why can't we ? and just backfill it when done. after all the only difference is a road or estate gets paved with concrete/bitumen permanently and a mine gets back filled when finished.

Latest posts