Centrifugal Gold concentrator

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellow prospectors , I am very interested in anyone out there had used a Centrifugal Gold concentrator for final clean up,
I crusher gold bearing rock to course sand size , then put that into a Ball Mill to grind sands into very fine grit to release most of the gold
at this stage all is good , but the final process , I have used a gold wheel , used a small clean out sluice specially for this purpose , but I am still not satisfied I am getting 9o% of the gold , this machine if works should eliminate using the banned substance ( mercury) any other ideas would be
1507021370_centrifugal_gold_concentrator.jpg
apprecaited
1507021406_gold.jpg

the Panner :)

I really think it comes down to classification for 'fines'. If you have the available Mesh sizes I would suggest that you pre classify to at least -10 to -20, -20 to -30, -30 to -40, -40 to -50 ,and so on down to about a -150. Anything smaller than that is not really worth the time and effort of extraction....I know it all sounds a bit of a cliche about classification,but it couldn't be closer to the truth as the gold becomes finer and the possibility of it becoming disturbed while trying to settle in the capture zone of your sluice or miller table. If you go with a recirculating set-up make sure you filter the water as much as possible each cycle. Dirty water will corrupt the whole process of recovering fines,that's why most high bankers have very poor retention rates for fines, I don't care what those knobs at Gold Rat or Gold Hog tell you....they're wrong...if you need more info let me know. Good luck.

Latest posts