Queensland (Qld) Gold Fossicking Areas information & questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke said:
ROB 65 said:
Thanks S S and Luke.am staying at Karumba and traveling to Georgetown for two nights camping and prospecting. Wife stayers at the beach ! Got a couple of small pieces in the dam paddock . And plan to stay in Georgetown area when we leave Karumba any info would be helpful SS.
Don't expect too much in two days, it takes few days only to see/learn the place.

Paddles Try forsyth and Croydon, they are also very good spots

Does anyone have any experience or information about detecting in the Lolworth Diggings or around Mt Remarkable/Mt Specimen areas around Pentland QLD?

Troutman said:
Does anyone have any experience or information about detecting in the Lolworth Diggings or around Mt Remarkable/Mt Specimen areas around Pentland QLD?

All on private property, you will need permission, best spot I can suggest is Cornelia station.

cheers
Lee

Hi Lee,
I just found your response to my question here thank you. I've seen your name pop up a few times on NQ related posts on this forum and others. I note also that you were once associated with the Townsville Prospecting club, but are no more. I would be interested in any private advice you can give me as I'm just starting out new with my detecting life. We live in Mackay and see ourselves heading north and west each dry season/winter for a few months of detecting after recently selling a business and now calling ourselves semi-retired. I think I'm nearly up to 10 posts so I can use some more features of this site. Cheers.

Hi all, I'm looking for areas to go fossicking/prospecting in South East Queensland. I've been to the Gympie area enough said on that one. Done all the areas outside Warwick and been to Glendon Camp grounds a fair few times also.

I'm more interested in panning and sluicing if possible though have the ability to use a detector also though not something I favour. Any pointers for properties that you can pay to visit or may be a little further a field would be appreciated.

Point to note also that from the 1st Sep 2017 you can no longer sluice/highbank at Glendon Camping grounds. Only panning. Which sucks.

Cheers.

Not sure why? I heard about it through the grape vine, then called and asked myself. Pretty ordinary though, it's places like this that give people their initial interest to go further afield and take up the hobby if not try and make a life out of it. Could be the government just isn't making enough money out of it and is forcing places like this to limit mining processes. Sad though.

Yeah I figured that might be the case. I've already paid for a fossicking licence for NSW. Figured I'd try tenterfield as a base and go out to a few areas from there. Plus I've got a mate from the army in Tamworth so good excuse to visit lol.

You could try Dalmorton, Drake, Tooloom, Pretty Valley, Paddy's Flat.. All around that area is great Gold Country... I go to Dalmorton often... nice spot beside the river.. :Y:

LW...

Thanks heaps for the heads up, I'll look into those places. Sounds more promising than the options I'm using at the moment :rainbow:

Jaros said:
Oooh! Glendon too. They are killing themselves or are being forced to follow the leader? ]:D

Yeah Jaros...it's a bit weird.

I had a chat and email exchange with Glendon a couple of days back to ask them to reconsider their high banking/sluice ban by introducing some more requirements on users. Very cordial dealings with them.

Long story short...they want to minimise damage from fossickers and claimed substantial damage to creeks and tailing piles everywhere had changed water courses and dam levels. Maybe so, but I see more evidence there from 4WDS and trail bike use.

I've just cancelled a two week stay there because I planned on using a small unit but I cant do it anymore. A couple of other matres/members of PA were also heading there but have cancelled.

Glendon also told me that panning and detecting were also 'under review' for the time being.

Oh well just another possibility gone from us.

I have heard that another property 5000+ acres has opened up in the same Glendon, Durikai area and will try and find out some more about it.

Hi All
I'm in the Gladstone region
Has anyone got any information on detecting on the old Monal gold fields
Where to go
Is it suitable for metal detecting
Is it private land or state forest
I would love to try it out
Hope you can help me
Gary

Is there much areas around Gladstone for detecting gold at all that you know of?
Me and the missus and 15 year old kid are thinking of moving to Gladstone soon from
cold old victoria.
The kid wants to try detecting gold with a metal detector (gold one of course) and if
it is restricted to the max would seem a waste of effort and time, etc.
I know that's not an answer to your query, but any help re this question would be of
benefit, etc...
Peter
Norlane
Victoria

Hi all,

New to this, just got a detector (gpz 7000) and heading to Durikai soon but dont have off road car - is it ok to start detecting straight off the Highway or need to venture in before find anything??

Cheers,
Dan

I have no idea Dan ,.... but the there's probly gold everywhere your gunna swing the thing at any rate ,.... just the depth that could vary greatly. Step outa the car n fire it up immediately. :rainbow:

Latest posts