Nokta Fors Gold vs Whites MTX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI All

Im new to the forum. I'm looking for a multi-purpose detector that can find both gold as well as coins and other relics.

My short list has come down to the Nokta Fors Gold and the Whites MTX, both both sound like capable machines.

Ill be exploring NSW goldfields as well as local/suburban relic sites.

Can anyone help me make a comparison/provide feedback?

Thanks

Tubs

Tubsy said:
HI All

Im new to the forum. I'm looking for a multi-purpose detector that can find both gold as well as coins and other relics.

My short list has come down to the Nokta Fors Gold and the Whites MTX, both both sound like capable machines.

Ill be exploring NSW goldfields as well as local/suburban relic sites.

Can anyone help me make a comparison/provide feedback?

Thanks

Tubs

That's a Tough Question, Because they are the same in abilities, One is built out of metal and the other out of modern ABS plastics, I prefer the Whites MXT and with over 40 or 50 Coil options and a proven history tells me all I need to know. I don't like the dipped shaft set up on the Nokta's.

But you have picked the two best machines out there, And Nokta is young but they are the new standard, The Depth between the two is the same unless you use the MXT like I do which gives it the edge over most other machines,

As a side note you might be better off with the Nokta fors Core because it has the salt mode so ask Phase Tech about that ?,

Try and contact Phase Tech right here on the forum and talk to him about the Nokta, because he will give you the best advice and do you a good deal, The Nokta is one serious piece of Kit.

hope this helps.

John.

Hi Tubs, I'd recommend the Nokta Impact. It has a higher frequency than the CoRe/Gold, and also has a much more stable all-metal mode.

If you were after something more in the Fors Gold price range I'd recommend the Makro Racer 2, as again it has a smoother all-metal mode. The Fors Gold+ (19 kHz) is better than the CoRe/Gold on smaller nuggets, but for the price difference an extra $100 will get you an Impact.

The Impact & Racer 2 are the best on beaches if that is a factor followed by the Fors CoRe. The Fors Gold and Gold+ don't have the COG/beach mode.

Any questions just let me know.

Thanks Gents, although I live in Sydney and would love to dig some Rolex watches off some pretentious Bondi beach w$ankers, I think untapped NSW bush with some suburban searching for coins and bullion of all types is the priority.

I dont paticularly want to spend 6 hours digging for a grain of gold, so I dont need extreme selectivity at low depths if that makes a difference (note I am fairly new to this)

What are the coil options like on the Noktas and do they handle mineralisation as well as the MXT?
:Y:

Tubsy said:
Thanks Gents, although I live in Sydney and would love to dig some Rolex watches off some pretentious Bondi beach w$ankers, I think untapped NSW bush with some suburban searching for coins and bullion of all types is the priority.

I dont paticularly want to spend 6 hours digging for a grain of gold, so I dont need extreme selectivity at low depths if that makes a difference (note I am fairly new to this)

What are the coil options like on the Noktas and do they handle mineralisation as well as the MXT?
:Y:

Sounds like a plan,

I have had a lot of success with the last 3 models of the MXT's So I won't change from something that has worked for me and never let me down, Plus I prefer Rotary Controls over push pads because they are more Accurate,

The Nokta's are like a modern twist of the MXT's, Some things I like Some things I don't, But they are about equal in performance +/-, There are quite a few of coils made for the Nokta's so it's all good, Nokta also has great Customer Relations too,

You could not have picked two more equally matched Detectors if you tried, So it boils down to which features "You" prefer,

Good Luck, and which ever one you buy you won't be sorry.

John.

Thanks all, anyone know if NSW forest is more or less mineralised than WA or VIC? I looked at PI but they were all over budget and not fit for.purpose for coins and stuff... 8.(

Tubsy said:
Thanks all, anyone know if NSW forest is more or less mineralised than WA or VIC? I looked at PI but they were all over budget and not fit for.purpose for coins and stuff... 8.(

Well do a search on google for Phase Technical and get his phone number and give him a call, because you can only do so much on forums, He will put your mind at rest,

EDIT:- Here ya go, http://phasetechnical.com.au/

John.

The Nokta Impact has a much better setup in the menu screen than the side mounted Fors Gold menu screen,and you dont have to switch menus. You will need to fork up an extra $300 however.The Impact is very stable in very highly mineralised soils found on goldfields.It also has a DEEP mode which gives twice the depth of all metal mode on nuggets 1 oz. and over and can be used in tracking mode.DEEP mode is pure raw power whereas all metal mode is puny but more sensitive to small shallow gold.So the Impact has a use for everyone..It has 8 discriminator modes to use on beaches and parks and COG mode for extreme mineralisation and wet sands.The Impact is also ideal for mounting a large 40 cm coil on if you want to look the part on goldfields.I have used it for a total of 40 hours in the GT and highly recommend it.
I can not make comparisons with other brands but can tell you what some people say that VLF machines are not suitable on goldfields-the Impact has put that down to rest.

I would like to add that the DEEP mode was also fairly stable in the area where I detected 2 weeks ago just south of Maryborough.Highly mineralised ground.It was more noisy than the GEN mode at 20 Khz. but nearly every signal gave a solid ID number compared to all metal which gave few,and mainly faint signals.According to the Impact manual DEEP mode is for low to medium mineralisation only,but they are being conservative.Only problem I had with DEEP mode was I did not bring a large enough pick to dig down 2 feet.My light pick only digs down 8 inches max. in the hard ground.

Latest posts