You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

nucopia
23 September 2017 11:56 pm

Does any one have a VMS Touring 700HDX 7" Off Road Navigator ?
1506170835_vms.jpg

I am thinking of getting something like this to put in my Prado, instead of a TomTom
Looking for something that gives me more than just street maps but also off road maps , way points and other capabilities..
VMS looks pretty good but are there other unites on the market with similar or better features, at a comparable price worth looking at ?

every day is an adventure

ken2m
24 September 2017 01:24 am

You can get Garmin topo maps on ebay for about $21.95

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Latest-2016- … SwPhdVNu52

Garmin have gps with lifetime map updates (the good guys have good prices) the other way to go is shonkymaps (free but will require a sd card) I have shonkymaps and the garmin topo running on 2 gps and you would be surprised to see the number of tracks that are not on one or the other. Some tracks are completely gone without a trace. Ken.

nucopia
24 September 2017 02:14 am

Thanks Ken
Good to have alternatives to make a comparison. Will check out the good guys web site as well thumbsup

every day is an adventure

Dirtdemon
24 September 2017 09:45 am

I ended up buying the VMS after going through all the other options , as i dont own a tablet already i was factoring price of it and then all the maps id want .

The VMS has the road going feature ( which is Tom Tom ) and then the off road with plenty of maps.

For the price these guys are selling it;
https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/vms-to … 0-hdx.html

I thought id take the plunge and give it a go and so far am happy enough with it , and am also able to download other maps into it as needed.

1 user likes this post: nucopia

Sparra
24 September 2017 02:13 pm

Where do you get the download maps from?

There is always someone doing it tougher than you...

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site