lasseters bones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like the local tribe know it's there by their sacred water hole.

Just watched the DVD from Quickflix. I'm a pretty open minded sort of bloke, but I was certainly impressed with the research effort put into this movie. For all of us with a leaning towards prospecting, and particularly the history of it in Oz, this is well worth watching.

However, like some of you, I don't believe we will ever know. I believe it is there, but the local indigenous folk will not tell you. Clearly, if it exists then it is within sacred lands and tribal lands.

So, all we can do is dream.

Cheers
Bill

davent said:
reckon its already been found by one of the big companies.

This actually would not surprise me at all, if they located it and kept mum on it. I got the USB from NT Gov a week ago, and in the pack it states that sites of historical significance cannot be prospected/mined - I am no A Grade historian, although I am going to take a fair stab if someone located the reef (assuming it exists), then the NT Gov would be very quick to whack a historical significance stamp on it and have the finder on some sort of confidentiality setup and the location unknown publicly.

My thoughts - I believe Lasseter believed it existed :)

Latest posts