Squirrels 505 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is silver!! Awful job on the join and looks as though the heart was glued not soldered, it's starting to come up in the tumbler and using 600 W&D. it's only about 12 clicks out so i'll definitely head back there soon. :Y: Don't fret tonyynot they just pop up out of no where in their own sweet time ]:D

Heres the Gilt ring starting to come up.

1506001007_dsc02106.jpg

1506001128_dsc02107.jpg

Went for a long drive late this afternoon to chase up a former small settlement i had researched, got an hour in at the old hall and hit the church with only 20 mins light left. The hall was very trashy and full of pull tabs & bottle caps, only managed an old spoon end a $2 coin and 5c coin. The church gave up a 1c, 20c and my favourite :rainbow: you guessed it :p ring a ding ding :eek:

1506002597_dsc02122.jpg

1506002650_dsc02110.jpg

1506002773_dsc02101.jpg

1506002845_dsc02097.jpg

ktmman said:
Doing well on the gold rings,I need to find me some of that :Y:

Was a really iffy signal, almost didn't retrieve it :8 not sure what it is yet will be a hand clean up rather than the tumbler as the ?? stones are obviously dropping out. Maybe it's time for you to go to church Ktmman. ]:D

The rest of the pearls are still in the plug !
Take a bag of plug dirt with you next time and do a switcheroo with the plug so you can go through it all carefully back at home. :Y:
and don't forget them persimons sermons permissions. :Y: 8)

silver said:
The rest of the pearls are still in the plug !
Take a bag of plug dirt with you next time and do a switcheroo with the plug so you can go through it all carefully back at home. :Y:
and don't forget them persimons sermons permissions. :Y: 8)
I've got a fine sieve i'll take with me Silver, it was only a couple of inches down as the ground is super hard, needed permission for the local one but this other tiny settlement is all government land :Y: i was talking to a local farmer there and he said the hall committee have leased the land next to the hall (which is govt owned) and have a crop in for cash gen. There is a cricket pitch in the middle of the crop so when it's reapt i'll have a look in there. Oh he also named some other ex settlements that had churches but only have toilet blocks marking their location. Apparently once the churches are no longer used in this LGA the council demolish them. I'm going to the council today to see if they have any data on the locations of all pre existing churches or settlements that have been demolished.

Secret Squirrels said:
Heatho said:
Interesting ring mate, nice score. :Y:
Thanks heatho, i dont understand the stamps to work out what it is or the age, and at this stage can't quite read the kt. i'll clean it a bit more and take another macro photo and enlarge it.
Hey mate you can get goldsmith and silversmith marking books on line. I have one for silver somewhere? ???

So went back to try and find the pearls and you know what?? seems i've been too environmentally friendly by only using the screwdriver and mini trowel to retrieve targets. Even though i know where i found the ring i cannot pinpoint the exact location of extraction, i've replaced the soil so well i can't tell where the hole is, add to that the wind has been blowing a gale and all signs are gonski :( On a brighter note, in the same location as the ring i found a little pressed tin crown, if any one has an idea on what it is please advise. also found an australian radio college lapel pin and a 44 penny while i was there.

1506160850_dsc02178.jpg

front
1506160909_dsc02183.jpg

back
1506160950_dsc02182.jpg

1506160990_dsc02180.jpg
1506161037_dsc02181.jpg

Thought i'd try my hand at raking in some spendables yesterday, as some of the members are so astute at accomplishing. :8 Didn't fare so well, bloody hard work i'd say 8.( Even though most have been hit with a mower they were all 7" + deep and most were do not dig signals with TIDs all over the place :mad: not quite sure whether that is due to the depth in sandy loam? or due to the Gale force winds (again) causing interference. :rolleyes:

1506301371_dsc02186.jpg

Danny13 said:
Still a decent total SS :Y:
Thanks dan, your right mate but for some reason i feel deflated with the outcome :p just 1 pre dec stimulates me more than that lot ha ha I think the fact that half of them are not even spendable adds to it :brokenh: i will get over it :Y: :D

Latest posts