Detecting help - Teach me your ways

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
Hello all, is there anyone out there willing to teach me how to detect.
I'm in VIC, Yarra Valley
Looking at learning both treasure and gold detectors for an upcoming event.
I already have some understanding, but really need to nut out the different detectors
If you're able to help me out, send me a PM, and we can organize a time and place

Cheers Kane

Only hold it with one hand lol :lol:
bout time you learned proper like
1506025979_screenshot_2017-09-22-06-32-15.jpg

If I were down there I'd learn ya !
:Y: :D :Y:

Low and slow and when you think you're going slow then go half that speed. If I were in VIC I'd give you a hand mate. I'm sure some members will put their hands up to help ya out.

What detector do you have xiv? Probably no point somebody offering if they have an SDC and you have a garret VLF. Learning detecting and learning your detector are same same but different ;)

Northeast said:
What detector do you have xiv? Probably no point somebody offering if they have an SDC and you have a garret VLF. Learning detecting and learning your detector are same same but different ;)
I had an sdc.
But don't have it anymore. Needed the cash after I didn't get payed from a job.
I'm hoping someone will take me out with there detector.
Preferably with a 4500, 5000 or 7000.
Even with a sdc, as you never stop learning.
I would also like to get out with anyone with a 3030.
Who ever takes me out can keep anything we find, as my take will be knowledge.

cairnspom said:
Gregupnorth said:
Hi Kane
Are you still planning a trip back up FNQ
Because if you are we can go for a swing with the different machines on a test patch and show you the pros and cons between the machines
Cheers Greg :cool:
If so, and wanted, I can add a 7, and 2300 to the list
Cheers guys.
Will be up that way early December.

What ever you do portray that gold and coin detecting is hard work for minimal finds, we have lots of competition and only a very few locations left for the hoards already looking. ;)

A big thanks to bigwave for allowing me to get out for a swing with the 4500.
No gold, but it didn't bother me too much, as just getting out to learn a bit about the machine was gold enough.
Picked up a few nails,a bit of iron and some wire, and a 22 bullet.
I really appreciate and enjoyed the outing.

A big shout out and thank you to Northeast,
Who allowed me to join him for the day at a a goldfield we had both never been to. Reef hill.
Not only did I get to meet an amazing bloke, but managed to learn a bit about the gpz 7000.
So once again, thank you Northeast,
Cheers Kane.

Nice to catch up XIV and nice to see a new area.

For anyone that has the time to catch up with XIV it is well worth the effort. I'm pretty sure I learn't more about geology than he learn't about the 7000.

Plenty of old and new work has been done in Reef Hills and we only saw a tiny part (about 2700 hectares in size I think so pretty big).

Best of luck with your ventures :Y:

Latest posts