DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colmaca said:
DJI Mavric crash in sports mode 60 Km/Hr no breakage :)

Oops!!
Strong little buggers eh?

I don't like that sports mode, I've had a mini fly away already in that mode. If I want an elevated heart rate I'll go fly the scarab!!

davent said:
Simmo said:
And a quickie video...
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/ChwK2qz8lqI[/video]

Suicide bends! Real good big barra spot in Oct/Nov.

Shhhhhhhhhhh Crikey Davent the NTs Vic`s much better............

Just replaced a Samsung S6 with a Cube T8 Ultimate on the phantom3, works a charm and no sign of overheating as the S6 did on occasions. Screen not as good as the S6 in sunlight but nearly.

New recreational drone rules
20 October 2017
CASA announced today new stronger and clearer rules for flying drones to help drone flyers operate with increased safety.
The new rules will better protect people and aircraft from drones and have been developed in response to community concerns about drone safety and the rapid increase in the number of drone operators.
They do not apply to all drone flyers. If you hold a remote pilot licence (RePL) and operate according to a remotely piloted aircraft operator certificate (ReOC) or have an authorisation from CASA, you will be exempt from the new measures. Model aircraft operating under CASA approvals are also exempt.
These new interim measures also make it clear that operating drones near a public safety or emergency operations is not permitted. CASA has also launched a new website called droneflyer.com.au that explains key safety rules for recreational drone flyers, using easy-to-understand language and clear and simple information graphics.
Droneflyer.com.au complements CASAs Can I fly there? free mobile app, which helps recreational and sub-2 kg drone operators fly safely by providing practical information about where they can and cant operate.
For specific details on the new measures and about flying drones commercially, visit www.casa.gov.au/drones

https://droneflyer.com.au/?utm_sour...w+recreational+drone+rules+[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hey Guys'n'Gals,
I've been playing with some new software! A little bit of a learning curve, but its bloody good!!!
I cant get the new terrain feature going coz I cant get the government site to download maps!! But that'll come!
Great support and works really well at this early stage!!
Check out Drone Harmony!

http://droneharmony.com/

Yes the drones are fun but the fun police are on the case.

Funny how it all started as an anti commercial use or
rather controlling commercial use and has gone on from there.

Cheers.
Lee.

I was always taught that if you have not found what is
wrong within the fist 30 minutes of fault finding,
You have missed the most obvious. :8
Took the P4 Pro for it's first run on Sunday after getting it
back 3 months ago. :Y:
Pixilating video feeds. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Not even good enough to see where the camera is pointing.
I did run 2 batteries down though and flew over 4 Kilometers
happy snapping away at 120 meters max height. :Y: :Y:
The photo's are brilliant. :eek: :eek: :Y:
So today while my staff were out in the field and my Office worker was
buried in paperwork, Let's have a look at this bloody thing.
3 High quality USB leads, No Go.
Firmware down grade, No Go.
Firmware upgrade, No Go.
Heap of Camera settings, No Go.
Changed to all transmission rates, No Go.
2 Hours gone. :mad:
Changed resolution on the 10" Tablet. Bit Better. :Y:
After another hour of stuffing around,
Changed to my Samsung phone.
BINGO. ]:D ]:D ]:D :party:
Bloody tablet cannot handle the high quality video speed.
The penny dropped. :8
Same as a standard home desktop with bad video settings.
What tablet/phone do you guys run your P4's on. ???

My P4 runs fine on an Apple iPad Mini 4 (128GB).

I avoided the many Android alternatives because IMHO there's too many software/hardware variables for a mission-critical app flying an expensive drone that could fall out of the sky and cause harm or injury (eg. various Android versions, differing CPU's, OEM background apps, etc, etc, etc.)

Samsung is what I am keen on.
I find a mobile phone too fiddly for my bumble fingers.

Ok for a novice whats the ducks guts to get ? What is top speed you could get out of one ? :eek:
Bang for buck ? Is it worth going from a Spark to a Mavic pro for example ?

If you want the best of the best with portability, Mavic Pro
If you want more stability, High end video/pictures etc, Phantom 4 Pro.
Yes, I have had a bit of trouble with the display tablet but the extra
time and trouble is well worth it.
You can get a Phantom 4 Pro plus that has the display built in but a bit
exy for around $2800.00. And you can not change it with more apps.
I got my Phantom 4 Pro for $2200.00. including a spare normal capacity battery.
They come with 1 high capacity battery.

Oh, Top speed of a phantom 4 Pro is around 70 kph.
All your collision avoidence is turned off.
I run mine on it for 5 minutes for giggles and the bloody
thing nearly went out of sight real quick. LOL
Only for the faint of heart. 8)

Simmo is that deal as good as it looks ? What are you getting better than the ebay link one ? Looks like a much better controller on your link ?
Can you still use Galaxy note or screen as supplied ?
Cheers

Bogger said:
Simmo is that deal as good as it looks ? What are you getting better than the ebay link one ? Looks like a much better controller on your link ?
Can you still use Galaxy note or screen as supplied ?
Cheers

Hey mate,
Your link is just the mavic and controller, my link is like the 'fly more package', it has more batteries, ($150 each) filters ($60) case ($150) etc etc...
It is a good deal.
The controllers in both links are the same.

My link comes with a tablet holder that enables a larger tablet to be attached to the controller.

I'm not sure about your camera question? The camera's in the aircraft are not interchangeable. The Mavic has a 12 mp camera and the phantom 4 pro has a 20mp.
There is a rumour that a mavic 2 is coming out with a better camera but who knows because DJI just brought out the mavic pro platinum, same camera but quieter in the air and longer flight times.

I just noticed that my supplier has just the mavic for sale at $100 cheaper than your link!!!

Latest posts