Coil help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I only just recently noticed when turning on my deus the no coil sign flashes 6 times then disappears. Im confident its fully charged. Once the no coil sign disapears it appears to work as normal. Is it looking like its on its way out? Any help would be appreciated.

treasureman said:
I only just recently noticed when turning on my deus the no coil sign flashes 6 times then disappears. Im confident its fully charged. Once the no coil sign disapears it appears to work as normal. Is it looking like its on its way out? Any help would be appreciated.

I think Goldpick posted somewhere that those batteries were good for about 4 or 5 years, hopefully he will chime in and Cleggy as well, So don't panic.

J.

Thanks John.
It works fine after the no coil flashes. I read elsewhere that people have encou ted same thing with no issues. But time will tell. Will have to take back up tomorrow i think

The coil will take about 20 seconds or so to start Up and link with the coil.
The time this takes has no bearing on batteries health.

You'll know your battery is gone when your hunting time is drastically reduced, that's the sign the battery may be going.

DO NOT Charge for longer than 3 hours EVER.
DO NOT Leave flat for any length of time, if you're not using the machine for a bit charge it before you put it away.

Battery life is completely dependant on the user and how often they charge/discharge the battery and how well they look after it by not doing the 2 things above.

Battery warranty is 2 years, most seem to get 4-5 years, some more and a few a bit less.

My Unit is 2 years old and holds Full charge no problem, to be honest never counted the no coil flashes but I will take note when I go for a hunt in about half an hour.

Clegy

I reckon it's actually a V4.0 bug that should be rectified in the new software. I get the odd occasion where "no coil" will flash up when turning the wireless pinpointer off, and has also occured when changing or turning on coils - basically takes a lot longer than normal for the coil to connect, or it won't connect at all requiring the Deus to be turned off then on again. More common when used in conjunction with the pinpointer, a lot less so with the coils.

Goldpick said:
I reckon it's actually a V4.0 bug that should be rectified in the new software. I get the odd occasion where "no coil" will flash up when turning the wireless pinpointer off, and has also occurred when changing or turning on coils - basically takes a lot longer than normal for the coil to connect, or it won't connect at all requiring the Deus to be turned off then on again. More common when used in conjunction with the pinpointer, a lot less so with the coils.

YEP It can be a pain, the few 4.1 BETA users I have spoken to seem to be having a good experience. This was the problem that held back launch in september 2016.
It's a bluetooth connection and a lot slower than the wireless protocol used between the rest of the deus components.

I haven't gone the Beta as I prefer to demonstrate what you get now , rather than what might come in the future.

The fix is in the pipeline.

Cheers GoldPick

Clegy

Latest posts