CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
You would do better with an equinox LOL

Maybe, though I feel I'm doing fine with the CTX. By the time the Equinox comes out my goldie container will be full again and I might just buy one. :D Plus the CTX has already found 4 gold rings for me this year, not sure if I'll ever need another detector.

Ahhhh, I would not cash them in to BANK! Now TAX people see it as income???? :eek:
But That is pretty decent amount! Can buy new toys! :Y: :Y: :Y:

caparobertsan said:
Ahhhh, I would not cash them in to BANK! Now TAX people see it as income???? :eek:

Mate if they want to tax me they can send me a tax return on my equipment, fuel, entertaining (beer), office and anything else I can claim. :D You can earn non taxable income from hobbies that is below a certain amount each year.

Heatho said:
caparobertsan said:

Mate if they want to tax me they can send me a tax return on my equipment, fuel, entertaining (beer), office and anything else I can claim. :D You can earn non taxable income from hobbies that is below a certain amount each year.
Don't worry Heatho it's not classed as income , it's a hobby , you have to pass many tests to be classed as a legitimate business or income earner which I don't care to explain because it would bore me to tears and everyone else . If you were advertising a service to find a lost ring for a fee that would be different - agh bugger just bored myself Sh....t..less (tax man Dan at your service) :p

Sweet cash in Heatho :cool: :rainbow: :party: I was hoping some of that elusive water would have fallen from above while I was gone :/
But doesn't look like it did :rolleyes:
Launched my new satellite into orbit the other day so we'll have to go for a look around soon :cool: :Y:
Bit worried the rocks will be a snake and spider pit though :eek:

Hit the old HH again today, still quite a few pre dec coming out from there, highlights were 2 florries and a sixy. All the moderns are from the past 3 hunts.

1506573374_20170928_142736.jpg

1506573374_20170928_142852.jpg

1506573374_20170928_142904.jpg

Cheers fellas. Yeah it has slowed right down there, but you know how it is, attack from a different angle or use a different coil, dry or wet, different swing speed, so many variables, change a variable and more good targets appear.

Rocket and RJ have both had a swing there and both got some nice stuff. Rocket actually got a 10 penny coin spill there. I actually picked one of the trashiest spots there for their Deus detectors. No one gets it all though, Ive been over the same spot again and found more pre dec plus the gold ring I scored a few weeks back in amongst the trash plus a heap of goldies. I think rocket got a couple of rings that day as well though it was just bad luck that the were junkers, RJ got a sterling thimble though, both got plenty of goldies.

I reckon to be honest a big large spot like this HH is never really flogged out, you just need to change tactics.

Will be swinging there on the weekend again with another member from here "LostNowFound" who I met down at Manly one day. Will be interesting to see what we can bag.

Latest posts