Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluecurrant said:
Looks like you have a green thumb next to the silver one. I still miss eating bananas from my parents banana farm. Best tasting bananas when left to ripen on the stalk.
No big farm in life, but there's been bananas there nearly all my life most everywhere I've found myself, nothing like a good yella hand of bananas mate hey ,.... specially when they're from your own hard yakka :Y:
sugar bananas, gotta cut em just before the bats'd get em ,..... runnin that fine line ya sometimes miss hey ! :lol:

cashgoldsilver said:
Might have to change your name from Silver to Mr Bean :lol:
I'd have nothing much to say about that then ,..... humMmmmm :lol:
Mate, could ya imagine me trying to tell how that silver popped lol
hrmmhehehe ]:D

Those bananas look good silver . And the mulberry tree brings back memories of my granddads backyard , when I used to climb the mulberry vine/ tree and Gorge on the fruit . Then sit down with granddad and listen to war stories as he fed me and my siblings prickly pear and persimmons , strawberries and broad beans :Y: good memories

Danny13 said:
Those bananas look good silver . And the mulberry tree brings back memories of my granddads backyard , when I used to climb the mulberry vine/ tree and Gorge on the fruit . Then sit down with granddad and listen to war stories as he fed me and my siblings prickly pear and persimmons , strawberries and broad beans :Y: good memories
Makes it easy to have a green thumb when you grow up then mate hey !
Once you've seen it done n lived it a bit there's no holding you back with it all in life hey !
My Mom was the initial green thumb I watched, n she learned from generation's in her family growing to live, n my Dad was one for only wanting to grow things you can actually eat (he came through the depression years as a young un).
N I was just fascinated at how a plant grew from a seed as a tiny fella.
my first ever mass germination was Stinking Rodgers, and once I seen where those seeds were after the flowers it was on ,.... stinking rodgers came up everywhere I walked lol :lol:

Hahaha, yeah my dad inherited his green thumb from grandad as have I.

I remember the locus tree like yesterday with the tree house dad had built in the falk of the tree (next to our barn we're we bred exotic finches)- and the prodigious fruit it produced in spring when I would climbed to the the very edges of the branches to pluck the fruit. We had orange trees and lemonade tees ( sweet lemon) and pomegranate, bananas,etc I used to spend my days catching bearded dragons and graceful tree frogs and and butterflies that were once common in our rainforest garden . I can see the same interest in my son as I had . Must be a father son thing in my family :)

Danny13 said:
Hahaha, yeah my dad inherited his green thumb from grandad as have I.

I remember the locus tree like yesterday with the tree house dad had built in the falk of the tree (next to our barn we're we bred exotic finches)- and the prodigious fruit it produced in spring when I would climbed to the the very edges of the branches to pluck the fruit. We had orange trees and lemonade tees ( sweet lemon) and pomegranate, bananas,etc I used to spend my days catching bearded dragons and graceful tree frogs and and butterflies that were once common in our rainforest garden . I can see the same interest in my son as I had . Must be a father son thing in my family :)
Ahhhh, life is sweet hey ! :Y:
an I just spotted a few bee's in the silky oak tree ,.... so things are on the up n up.
gunna harvest the cane soon enough n get some seed potaties in quick smart (if I can find some good ones)
:D
but ,.... all this is not getting me my share of the silvers lol. :D

Locuts. Yes please! Reminds me of my Grandma, she had about 5 massive trees dotted over the house black on the farm....Ate them until I felt ill many times, I've been watching the local trees just starting to come into fruit.

You know it's funny I never thought about where my passion for gardening (especially veges) came from, only on reflection through the thread comments did I realise that both my Grandma and also my old next door neighbors (Italian immigrants) probably set me down that path....some of my fondest memories are spending time with each of them helping and harvesting the gardens. There was the yearly grape harvest that turned into wine, tomato harvest that turned into sauce, and all manner of fruits across seasons that were bottled.

Might have to fire up again this spring, I was actually tilling and weeding a few weeks ago thinking the soil in out garden beds looked pretty good. Still miss the days I lived on an old piggery and had over an acre under various types of crops. Some of the best days of my life coming home and spending hours just marveling at the beauty of nature producing.

I always love your gardening posts silver. Always something to marvel at. Inspiring.

I enjoy your gardening posts and pics as well silver. :) I do Home Services as a job, yard & garden maint, house maint, cleaning, that sort of thing. Quite often i take my lunch back home with me as i fill up on all the delicious treats in the yards of my clients ]:D I especially like the summer time and all the citrus and stone fruits that the older clients tend to grow. Like a mechanic with his car, i don't have a great garden, just the strawberry's and a miniature peach and orange tree. My neighbor has the best orange tree and a walnut tree that grow right against my fence line :lol: I also harvest from the sea and only target the seafood i like to eat. those beans have grown real quick and look healthy as. great skills mate. :Y:

OldGT said:
Locuts. Yes please! Reminds me of my Grandma, she had about 5 massive trees dotted over the house black on the farm....Ate them until I felt ill many times, I've been watching the local trees just starting to come into fruit.

You know it's funny I never thought about where my passion for gardening (especially veges) came from, only on reflection through the thread comments did I realise that both my Grandma and also my old next door neighbors (Italian immigrants) probably set me down that path....some of my fondest memories are spending time with each of them helping and harvesting the gardens. There was the yearly grape harvest that turned into wine, tomato harvest that turned into sauce, and all manner of fruits across seasons that were bottled.

Might have to fire up again this spring, I was actually tilling and weeding a few weeks ago thinking the soil in out garden beds looked pretty good. Still miss the days I lived on an old piggery and had over an acre under various types of crops. Some of the best days of my life coming home and spending hours just marveling at the beauty of nature producing.

I always love your gardening posts silver. Always something to marvel at. Inspiring.
I remember being but a toddler and seeing my Mums veggie garden bed(about 10m x10m on reflexion) being absolutely full of corn that towered soo high ,.... and I remember the mystery of my grandads garden that I was never allowed to visit because of all the snakes, yet it was just down the hill somewhere at the back of their house. :eek: but I do remember his granadilla vine that looked like it grew watermelons (he was a grumpy old cuss and most probly just wanted time to himself without being bothered ,... he died when I was about 8 years old).
I could only ever eat garden picked peas too, never the cooked ones they just tasted real bad. So that too may have leant me towards it, but mostly I just loved plants especially tropical rainforest and its greenness because we seemed to have our greatest holidays amongst it all ,.... and I was lucky to have people explain truths and share freely their gardening knowledge and secret methods of their green thumbs all throughout my life. :D

Secret Squirrels said:
I enjoy your gardening posts and pics as well silver. :) I do Home Services as a job, yard & garden maint, house maint, cleaning, that sort of thing. Quite often i take my lunch back home with me as i fill up on all the delicious treats in the yards of my clients ]:D I especially like the summer time and all the citrus and stone fruits that the older clients tend to grow. Like a mechanic with his car, i don't have a great garden, just the strawberry's and a miniature peach and orange tree. My neighbor has the best orange tree and a walnut tree that grow right against my fence line :lol: I also harvest from the sea and only target the seafood i like to eat. those beans have grown real quick and look healthy as. great skills mate. :Y:
Thanks SS, I hav'nt had luck with the miniature peaches yet, tried to grow mums a few times over the years ,.... and I should do again so we don't end up loosing it she's down to just one little plant herself after all those years, still the same plant stock that she had when I was a kid ,... sometimes she only had one plant going, other times she'd have half a dozen nice looking mini trees and always taking cuttings with her when she moved to a new place. :Y: Nicest tasting fruit too.
your on a good wicket pasturing out of all the oldies yards mate (top score). :D

I've only had the peach for 2 seasons with 4 fruit the first then 8 last season and it's just flowering now, hopefully there will be more again this year they are the nicest peaches i've ever had :) I forgot to mention i also have a dragon fruit and it flowers beautifully but i never seem to get the fruit, the flowers open over night and finish that day then they just wilt and die and........ Nothing :( Any tips would be appreciated :p

I've got a small dragon fruit plant in a pot waiting to get its own trellis still (a nice spot in the sun is what it wants)
Here is a link that will give you your secrets (and fruit). :D
http://tastylandscape.com/2013/07/30/how-to-get-dragon-fruit-cactus-to-fruit/
Cut to the chase if need be and go straight to this video for fast tracking.
1505934454_screenshot_2017-09-21-05-03-18.jpg

still dark atm so .... only 7 minutes later and .... go go SS go go... :Y:

Thought I'd better do some special healing exercises down the coast this morning to help get my gammy back up n running properly.
Seemed to be helpful cause I feel a lot better about it all now ! :p
load bearing exercises with some squats and foreward stretching for the lower back from a standing position.
Bit of hip twisting and rotational stretching as well ,..... here's the results of it all.
1506203561_screenshot_2017-09-24-07-34-21.jpg

the big one went into my pocket in the dark as a florin , but alas, in the first light of morn it came back out as a penny :mad:
however ,.... the one cent that went in (first one I've dug in forever) came back out as a thrippy :D
1506203766_screenshot_2017-09-24-07-34-41.jpg

:p
1506203801_screenshot_2017-09-24-07-34-32.jpg

maybe I'll even clean this one up ,..... maybe. :lol:

Yeah, wasn't gunna hit the high n dry at all ,... was some rock exposure down low in the wet, but walked the top dry towards the end for a quick looksee before a final wander every which way across the ripple field for an off chance on a golden retriever lol.
So my sniffer musta lured me up there !
]:D

Latest posts