Coin and relic detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nokta Fors Core, or Makro Racer, both come in at under 1k. Fors Core Pro pack, with 3 coils, and other accessories, will be a few hundred more, but is the best buy. You should buy a pinpointer, no matter what detector you buy, so add another 150ish on top.
So I say, Makro, or Fors Core are your best options.

But you could also wait till anaconda have a special, and grab a minelab xterra 705 for 660ish....thats the best detector we can get for that money.

Look at the Xp Deus too mate. You can get the Deus with headphone and no remote for just over the grand mark and later when you can afford it get the remote. You get a wireless system as well.

Can anyone recomend a coin and relic detector to use around old camp sites etc.

GP said:
Can anyone recomend a coin and relic detector to use around old camp sites etc.

Whites MXT, Minelab 705, Garrett AT, Nokta Relic, any one of them can go from the camp sites to some of the Gold baring areas.

J.

The treasure relic hunting members in the Treasure Hunting section will be all over this question.

Can anyone recomend a coin and relic detector for a budget of $500.

Hello all I am looking for recommendations for an all round machine. I have a ML 5000 with a good variety of coils and am looking for something to complement my 5000 that I could use in different enviros like beaches etc but will also be capable of detecting gold. I will have around $3000 to spend which is an award for 30 years in my job. My wife and I are planning on buying a caravan and me retiring soon to travel the country coast and bush. Any good knowledgeable advice would be very welcome. Happy New Year Prospecting to all.

G'day

One of the most effective detectors I have and still use is the Minelab Sovereign GT, they are not sold new now but come up second hand from time to time on Gumtree and Ebay etc, but you can also try some detector shops, this is not a gold detector as such but is excellent for use on beaches and in parks, I use mine in the goldfields for relic and coin hunting particularly in high trash areas, I have never found a nugget with it but don't doubt it would ping a reasonable sized bit if I were to get the coil over one.

Just something to consider if you want to do this sort of thing, and probably pick one up for about $700 in used condition, also I am impressed by the new Whites tdi SL Pi detector, I have yet to try one out in the goldfields as a mate bought one so will try it this season, as a Pi detector it can be used in the goldfields and on beaches parks etc, it does not have a discrimination feature as such but does feature a target low/ high conductivity control that used in conjunction with the ground balance control can from what I have seen in demonstration it looks to be able to very effectively mask ferrous targets out quite well, its probably the best feature for trashy ground in the goldfields ans still be a capable gold detector, they are about $2000 to buy and come with a couple of coils, a folded mono coils and a concentric coil.

Other member might be able to elaborate more on the whites tdi.

cheers

stayyerAU

G'day

Just wanted to add that the Whites tdi SL is a very light weight and ergonomic detector, your wife might find it easier to use than the 5000, my mate bought his for the reason that his young son could handle the weight of it and that it can be adjusted for shaft length and so on.

cheers

stayyerAU

Hey Randolf we still use a couple of exterra 705's as our coin machines and in that context they are pretty good but as most would agree they really struggle on any goldfields. We have been caravan nomads for 12 years now and I can tell you it's just the best life, not suited to everyone, which is a good thing, so if you need any tips on your set up feel free to ask. Over on Y.P. atm.