NSW Titles Viewer ArcGis map - issues or discontinued?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have previously assumed that if land is marked as crown lands and is within a fossicking district that it is ok to prospect on..mostly due to laziness from myself and the areas i have visited i haven't had any dramas when there but i know that some crown land is under grazing licences etc and TSR's.

now i am looking at doing some detecting i would like to be 100% sure i am allowed to be prospecting on the grounds, is there another way other than lodging an enquiry form and paying a fee per lot to check on the status of crown lands.

in the below example it is listed as crown land status type 1, subtype 1. does anyone have a list or point me to a key for the status types? i have googled a fair bit but can only seem to find the pay for info search and reference to 3 management authority levels.

1505799282_crowninfo.jpg

note...the example of crown land above is only for reference, looks like pretty steep country on the maps, I am more interested in some other areas nearby that have the same status, same lga,same fossicking district etc.

Cheers,

Use six maps,
https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/
Use the overlays,
obtain the dp number and lot number,
Ring The Lands Department and quote both.
Do this with Six Maps open in front of you.
They will tell you if the land is under lease.
They CANNOT tell you the reason or name due to privacy reasons.
1505801119_hill_end_lot_numbers.jpg

To find out for sure you will need to ring or email the Crown Lands office closest to where you're looking (email can take several weeks). They will tell you if it's under control from an authority such as Council, Local Lands (TSR's), Commons Trust etc. or if it's under lease. They won't tell you who has the lease though. What info they do/can give you should be free.

The only info I have ever found on the status types etc. is from a reply from NSW Resources as follows:

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, we get this data from a third party, which omits any readable text of what the data actually means.

I've done a bit of digging in regards to your question about the statuses of the lands though, from what I've found out -

Crown land Status Type

0 - undefined
1 - Crown Lands Controlled
2 - Shared Crown/Council

Sub types
1- Crown Parcel
2 - Null ? (sorry, this is what we were given, I don't know why it is what it is)
3 - Crown Road

I hope this helps with your inquiries.
Not a lot of help unfortunately.

Tathradj said:
Use six maps,
https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/
Use the overlays,
obtain the dp number and lot number,
Ring The Lands Department and quote both.
Do this with Six Maps open in front of you.
They will tell you if the land is under lease.
They CANNOT tell you the reason or name due to privacy reasons.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/2436/1505801119_hill_end_lot_numbers.jpg
No use opening sixmaps Tath if you've already got it up on ArcGIS. ArcGIS shows the Lot & DP numbers also (if selected) + highlights the crown land areas when selected.

I seen that Mbasko but they use it as well to
clearly define what the query is. :)
Or they get confused. LOL
(That's what they tell me any ways. )
" On the same page " as if to say.

Thanks Tathradj & mbasko, its not often you get 2 completely different reply's that both answer the question.

mbasko, that was the status type info i was looking for... as you mention its not much help but at least i now know what i am looking at.

Crown land Status Type
0 - undefined
1 - Crown Lands Controlled
2 - Shared Crown/Council
Sub types
1- Crown Parcel
2 - Null ? (sorry, this is what we were given, I don't know why it is what it is)
3 - Crown Road

Tathradj, I will note a few lots down and give them a call, i figured if they were going to make you fill out a form and charge they wouldn't give the basic info on the phone... good to know they will do this for us.

Now to jump on the phone and get some green lights to continue some research.

Thanks again,
Rod