⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to answer for Nenad but I'm almost 100% sure he did mean sensitive extra. I've seen him write about itr before and I know there are quite a few others I've rerad about that use SE with great results in ground that allows it.

Spot on Heatho. What I meant was if you're in ground that allows Normal to be used, then unless you are expecting bits over 5g, then Sens Extra is going to be better. It can also run a bit smoother than Normal depending on the ground. I've used Sens Extra with good results with the 11" Commander, 15x12" Commander and 16" Advatange. I've also pulled a couple of good bits deep with the 17x13" Evo.

I was once using an 8" Mono in Sens Extra, got a faint signal. Switched to Fine Gold, nothing. Switched to Normal, still there but not as clear as S Extra. I had to take about 4 inches of dirt off before I could pick it up in Fine Gold. It was a chunky 0.7g bit. This was on white pipe clay heaps. In red clay you can expect the opposite.

But yes in hotter ground a DD will be required, and I've talked a lot about the 15" Ultimate in other threads.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Just wanting to make sure I have it right. Fully understand the point to consider SE when ground permits.
This what I love about this forum ...... continuous learning and fine tuning technique. Cheers

Dig'n-it said:
Thanks for the clarification guys. Just wanting to make sure I have it right. Fully understand the point to consider SE when ground permits.
This what I love about this forum ...... continuous learning and fine tuning technique. Cheers

Should of kept the Zed Andy. Just love that machine, I'll have to buy one. ]:D

Cheers

Doug

PhaseTech said:
Spot on Heatho. What I meant was if you're in ground that allows Normal to be used, then unless you are expecting bits over 5g, then Sens Extra is going to be better. It can also run a bit smoother than Normal depending on the ground. I've used Sens Extra with good results with the 11" Commander, 15x12" Commander and 16" Advatange. I've also pulled a couple of good bits deep with the 17x13" Evo.

I was once using an 8" Mono in Sens Extra, got a faint signal. Switched to Fine Gold, nothing. Switched to Normal, still there but not as clear as S Extra. I had to take about 4 inches of dirt off before I could pick it up in Fine Gold. It was a chunky 0.7g bit. This was on white pipe clay heaps. In red clay you can expect the opposite.

But yes in hotter ground a DD will be required, and I've talked a lot about the 15" Ultimate in other threads.

Great reply Nenad, thanks for clarifying that. :Y:

Hi all, some of my recent finds.

1505524908_img_2113-optimized.jpg

smallest piece iv'e found with the 5000 and nf 14x9 advantage coil.

1505525008_img_2100-optimized.jpg

very close to source here.

1505525077_img_2109-optimized.jpg

1505525108_img_2114-optimized.jpg

1505525473_img_2103-optimized.jpg

Great finds RR that small piece is impressive for the coil you were using. What depth did you find it, settings were spot on for that size :Y: that's SDC gold.

G,day RM
It was a faint but consistent signal, rx gain 9 stabiliser 10 target vol 3. I use a booster box and speaker. approx 3-4 inches, it was out of the hole on the second scrape of the pick.
RR

Latest posts