Impact Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's my finds from last two sessions with the Impact. Did an old mine site, very slim pickings but still got some buttons and back plate off a watch.

Second site was just a local old park. Lady came up to me and told me it used to be an old hockey pitch. Lots of 2c coins, surprised not to get at least one pre here.

1496295104_20170601_144652-1.jpg

Any one got any idea what the large circle thing is with the 4 holes in the middle? It is very heavy. Sort of looks like a cutting die but I've never seen them that thin before.

Great to see the Impact in action at last Nenad, hopefully we will see some more in the hands of other members in the not too distant future. :)

No it's not a die, it's a retaining washer that goes on the end of a rod, such as an axle on a lawn mower.

Daggy

Daggy said:
No it's not a die, it's a retaining washer that goes on the end of a rod, such as an axle on a lawn mower.

Daggy

Yes I know the type,cheap and narsty but "easy" to pull off and push back on again.

Daggy - 1

CGS - 0 just like Queensland :N:

Finally detected a spot I've driven past a thousand times, but only had a bit of time between all the rain. Well, someone's obviously beaten me to it as I didn't get a sniff of a coin. Interesting ornate brooch, a broken ring and 5 large calibre shells under the same tree. Unknown ring, maybe copper?

Used the Impact in DI3, sens 65, with small elliptical coil.

1499205759_20170704_112829-1.jpg

1499205786_20170704_112909-1.jpg

1499205812_20170704_173031-1.jpg

Went up to the goldfields yesterday wanting to do some testing with the new 15" Detech Mono, but weather was really shitty. So couldn't venture far from the car. I noticed some gutters were gouged out along the track so grabbed the Impact to have a bit of a poke. A few coins and old timers relics are always a possibility!

1505348014_20170913_121714.jpg

Ground was saturated with streaks of black sand visible in the gutters, and a few hot rocks thrown in. A couple were saved for a hopeful crushing :cool:
The Impact handled the ground very well. GB was between 72 and 84, and I was running the Sensitivity around 70 in Gen mode. Tried Tracking for a while but ground wasn't too variable so I switched Tracking off.

Was digging plenty of targets, and after a while ignored any ID lower than 15 as iron was plentiful. After two quick dashes back to the car (getting hail in your pockets will do that) I got a nice hit and dug up this brass jacket stud??

1505348413_screenshot_2017-09-14-09-33-59-1.jpg

Only had another 15mins before I called it off, just too wet, but was amazed at the size of some of the targets I was picking up. I was using the optional 9x5" coil. This was a tiny bit of aluminium.

1505348635_20170913_130242.jpg

If there was any gold pickers hiding in these gutters they would be sniffed out.

I like the brooch and the old Lemonade top, the top is probably worthless value-wise, just make a nice piece in a display cabinet.

On our property the was an old pub on one side and a church on the other.
So you can guess when I get my detector the first things to get a sweep over. There was a guy that came here some years ago, anyway, he claimed there was a cellar to the pub, buggered if I know how he knew the location of it, but he did - dug it out, but didn't find the rare bottles he was looking for. Recall as a kid digging up a stack of the old bottles with the marbles in them, we used to smash them to get the marbles to play with lol. Think there may be some intact ones around stashed away somewhere. Most of the stuff you find is not that far down, a foot at the most - who knows might be some old coins there or bits n pieces.

I'm thinking the church would be a good prospect for coins maybe. I remember when I was a kid finding a brass bible holder in the dirt there after the church was removed, can just remember it actually.

They really need to be there to point out exactly where they went and how they moved for a successful recovery I recon ,.... sometimes gold can really travel from centripital force PT . ;)

PhaseTech said:
Any one got any idea what the large circle thing is with the 4 holes in the middle? It is very heavy. Sort of looks like a cutting die but I've never seen them that thin before.

Well despite some other thoughts, it very much looks like a piece from a Tap & Die Set.Could be wrong, but when I look at my set, it is very similar. Just my thought.

Latest posts