Unmasking/recovery wars

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As old as the MXT is it still holds it's own, But I do not know why people rave about that 6x10 eclipse coil, maybe it is the prospecting look it has, But the MXT will run a lot hotter and deal with Iron a lot better running the 5.3 (6") coil and I have also noticed that when running the newer X-type 9,5 concentric coil on large Iron the 10" round DD needs the disc to be set to around 6.5 to 7.5 to knock out a lump of Iron like a 6" shifter where the 9.5 will deal with it with the disc set to 3 to 4, On all machines he was using the factory pre sets but all 3 machines can be tweaked to run even better, another thing with the 6x10 is if I remember correctly they have a dead zone in the middle of them and by raising the gain and lowering the disc it will perform flawlessly, But I just do not like the 6x10 and in mild ground the 5.3 will match it for depth.

So what this shows is that in 17/18 years we have not come that far because all the machines can be tweaked from his factory settings to run better,

If I had to pick a modern machine out of the latest models from the last couple of years I think it would have to be the Impact because it is a modern day version of the MXT with the bonus of the added frequencies. and it is such a well thought out machine.

John.

Latest posts