GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few hours to kill so went back to where I got the first bit in post 535. A couple small bits of lead near the last find. Emi was bad today so Normal + Patch locate wasn't going to work - too erratic. I was checking different setting combos on any good sounding signal. Best results were HY, Difficult, High Smoothing, Volume 10, Sens 12. (Using headphones & booster).

Slowly working downslope from the last find, I soon got a faint little signal and out popped this one.

1504249891_20170901_151041-1.jpg

Nice way to start spring.

% by 10 and you might be a bit closer haha. Had to crop the photo to get it under 2MB, so it's a bit zoomed.

:lol: :lol: I was thinking the green things were leaves, now I see they are blades of grass. Oh well, it's still a nice piece. It's better than any piece of gold that I didn't get today ;)

A couple more bits. First one was a sunbaker. I think a recent dig by someone and the rain had washed the dirt off it.

1505350876_20170816_153414_hdr.jpg

This one just shouldn't have been there as I've massaged this spot including with the SDC. This piece of gold was only an inch down but still gave a very very weak signal. Makes me think I should get a vlf there but I think they'd struggle with the ground.

1505351091_20170908_160009-1.jpg

Can't wait for drier weather!

I have said the same thing myself Nenad "that piece shouldn't have been there" right in amongst a run of nuggets and I had thoroughly peppered the ground with 2200,2300,5000 but the Z sniffed out a 0.3 piece at around 4" but a very subtle response.
The piece from memory was very porous with 3 holes through it.

Nug is top left
1505378292_image.jpg

Hi to All,

Just got into prospecting after moving into the Guildford area, Victoria.

Went out and did a one day gold detecting tour with the guys in Maryborough. Very informative with all their info using a GPX 5000.

Purchased myself a GPZ 7000 after much deliberation comparing to a GPX 5000 or similar. Figure best to go out with a modern machine which appears to be the new technology.

I'm a very happy boy as on my first outing after coming up with plenty of rust, bullets and even an old button. One very nice nugget!

I call it beginners luck. :p :lol: :Y:

1507444891_yapeen_nugget_resized.jpg

Latest posts