NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gilly,
Yes you can.
That they classify as non mechanically hand fed.
The Old timers did that with a type of sluice called
a Rocker Box or a Banjo.

Membership is only $25.00 per year (higher rate applies to overseas
members). The membership year ends on 31 December.
NAPFA is an honorary and voluntary organisation.
Join now to make us stronger. Dont sit on the fence with this important
issue. If you want better access and conditions, you need to fight for them.
Show the same spirit that emerged at Eureka in 1854 when diggers united under a flag of the Southern Cross and pledged to fight for a fair deal!
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Join the rebellion today

Listen to the link below

without these people both male and female we would NOT be where we are today
prospecting is my sanity as i am sure that is the same for a lot of you ladies and gents on here we all have to stand side by side like our troops to get what we want
freedom to prospect OUR land in OUR country that we all (yes even you) in one way or another have fought for
join the organisations that are fighting for what our rights should be
they don't go in with bullets and bombs BUT with pens, paper and logic
the only legal way to get them is join groups like NAPFA
100 or 200 members means nothing to the higher powers however
Over 10000 members on here now that is something to stand up and listen to
Come on ladies and gents do what you know will help
i am not saying join now as NAPFA would never push anyone to join as we all know money can be tight sometimes so all i/we ask is
JOIN AS SOON AS YOU CAN

Moderator if you wish to remove or edit this post feel free as it will not upset me
Listen to this
listen to the words and understand them
I am sorry if this hits a nerve but remember we all have rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q20DUaIzYJg

Go the Big Blue One

I am a Qlder and I just joined NAPFA to show some support for the highbanking issue in NSW. Paid my $25 and will get 4 1/2 months membership for that.

Not sure why NAPFA cant organise a membership system that works on your joining/anniversary date for renewal.

The NAPFA May 2017 Report (with recommendations) on Sluicing is very well done and should be read by anyone interested in this whole highbanking issue. It is a great basis to challenge the decision in NSW and seek change to a stupid law.

Rant begins:

That said...The real shame in this saga is that there is no national organisation that has state chapters who leverage off one another to try and get some equity for prospectors and fossickers in every state.

Case in point is Sporting Shooters Association of Australia...a national body with hundred of branches that lobby federal and state governments on issue concerning firearm ownership and use.

And before anyone jumps on me and says...'but that's different... Australia has uniform gun laws the same in every state'... try using that argument if you want to take guns into WA from another state. Gun laws are and do differ in many respects between states. Gun ownership and use is probably the most regulated sport/hobby in the nation. It would be outlawed fully (in my opinion) without a national association representing shooters!!

My point in this rant... a national prospecting/fossicking body of 10-15,000 membership (or more) would have no less influence than a bunch of state bodies and probably more.

I wish NAPFA well and hope it can lead through this highbanking mess in NSW but I am also confident that when this is resolved...everyone who is 'peed off ' in NSW today will go back to not caring what happens elsewhere in Australia until they decide to travel to another state and find that highbanking using pumps might just be illegal there too.

This PA forum provides an excellent vehicle to float the idea of a national body.

Hell NAPFA could be it and wouldn't even need to change the acronym...could be "National Association of Prospectors and Fossickers Australia".

Rant over.

Great post 7.62,I get goosebumps and a tear in my eye every time I hear that song.Cmon guys have faith in NAPFA,join up.I would spend far more than $25 to drive to Tuena for example for a days highbanking and fun in the bush so if my $25 helps the cause then great.This thread has received over 400 views and 8 or 9 people have joined up.I realise that some members would already be a member of NAPFA but if your not and enjoy this great hobby then don't sit on the fence and do nothing.

1503962854_rps20170829_092723_346.jpg
my napfa card turned up today

Just letting you all know about the NAPFA Membership Cards.
They are done in batch's as to have them done one by one is very
costly.
Rest be assured, When you join, Your card will arrive in due time.
Yes, We are working on the High Banker issue and it is our main priority
but you will not be left out in receiving your card.

I on behalf of the committee could not thank those enough who have joined up to help us take the fight
to the relevant Government Departments to have this baseless regulation changed.

As I have stated in another place,
" We fossickers are a secretive lot and tend to keep to ourselves or some very highly trusted Mates
but, We need to band together to have the numbers to take this fight to the highest level. "

Please, We are not using this to drive our members up. Not at all.

This issue is not going to be solved by either sitting on the fence and watching and hoping that something,
will happen.
It just is not going to go away by itself.

A well planned concentrated wedge driven in to the right place with a lot of force behind it is the key to the matter
and we will not achieve this without having the backing of all fossickers behind us.

Rest be assured, We at NAPFA have not taken this lightly. we are working on it.

Thank You :Y:
Doug

Gday Doug,
Is there a NAPFA Meeting at Hill End this year? If so, when is it.

I was thinking that it could be a good idea to get as many prospectors/ fossickers and their families there as possible and to get the local media involved to emphasize how much money is spent in the local region by prospectors and their families and how much will be lost to the small local towns if this law isnt changed. I know first hand , that towns like Hill End, Hargraves and Windeyer are struggling to survive and a major downturn in prospectors coming to these area could have a devastating effect on their future survival.

Bob

Hi Bob,
Yes, there is an AGM coming and we will be announcing the date
and place very shortly. We just have to confirm a few minor details.
All I can tell you is it is in November. Just had to work around a few dates
and to give people time to prepare.

We are anticipating a large number of people to come along because of the debate
about High Banking and are working on that as well.
Good Idea about inviting the Media along as well. I will put that to the committee.
Pity that you are still not around that area.
Would have been great to catch up over a few Amber Beveridge's. :D :D

Mate, Im planing to be back home in Hill End by mid October at this stage. I do know that the local businesses will be supportive as they have the most to loose over the coming summer if people stop prospecting in the local area. The closing of the Bridal Track had a huge impact on the local community when that occurred.
Also getting the local councils involved wouldn't hurt either as they have only recently declared the area a fossicking district to help tourism in the area.
I am looking forward to catching up and having a beer or 10 .

cheers

Bob

Latest posts