Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate will try it when things dry out a bit, so you mean no booster at all ?
I must admit I had to back off the one on the 3500 god the rains howling down on the Murray ,you lot got some water on the way cheers jed

finally got out with the new animal ;;;;; SPOT ON Nenad !!!! no booster needed ;the machine came with a 15 x 8 detech elliptical ,,,,love it......easy to pin point with
no gold but a few targets for a couple of hours......... love me gogs tooo
1478242204_img_2320.jpg

anyway I;m excited......lot different to the 3500....a whole new learning curve :rolleyes: :D
ohh stubby top was not found just sat on table at lunch whilst I drank it ha ha ha

Hi Nenad, just got back from a couple of weeks at Wederburn. I used my 2300 my mate was using the 11inch detech coil on his 4500. The 11inch detech was the star coil. Pulled out most gold one piece about 3grms at depth close to 300mm.. Some guys using nf 12 coils complained about being very noisy. But the detech ran much smoother and quieter able to pick up easily missed faint signals. Looks like you will have a some sales on the 11 inch coil coming your way. Is there any other new detech spiral coils coming eg 14x9 or similar.

Good feedback thanks mate.

Trained some prospective prospectors (haha) today who had never been detecting before. Set one of them up on my 5000 and 11" ultra. Got it purring really sweetly and he was pinging plenty of targets.

No gold, but hey that's Jupiter Creek :rolleyes:

My last trip up there using the 2300 I got plenty of crap. Two really good signals turned out to be buried test nuggets in plastic bags.They were about 100mts apart deep in gravel got me excited. Miserable buggar used lead as test nuggets. How inconsiderate!!!!. I will have to see if Santa can raise the funds for the 11 inch detech.

PhaseTech said:
Nice one. That control box so close to the coil has probably de-sensitized it as well.

Yep the control box was way to close and there is some big wood screw's in that table aswell, i guess what suprised me the most was it hitting the small test piece in cancel. The standard 11 inch dd has to be in mono mode to give a good signal on the small test piece on my gp 3000.

Santa got me a 11detech coil for Xmas with a bit of help from Nenad. Went up to Jupiter yesterday for a play. I am using a modified 3500. It has a smooth mode fitted and was able to use the coil comfortably. In normal mode it was still usable but in a few patches the mineralisation was a bit of a problem. I used the machine in tracking which helped. Very pleased how coil performed dug plenty of targets unfortunately no gold. Got a lovely bit of ferrous at about a 15inches. Oh well

Hey mate, have you tried it in Sensitive and Medium Tracking? That should go well at Jupiter on the slopes in the quartzy stuff.

Hi,

I viewed your running of the 11" DD coil setting as you "should" and then, on a (?) target, switching to mono coil setting as a further target confirmation.

Also usable as a gain in sensitivity on mullock heaps etc.

Not seen or heard about switching these run settings before.
Very interesting.

Thanks for that, appreciate it...

Steve.

Hi Nenad i will try medium tracking i usually run in slow. I also have one of Woodys Emi devices fitted to the modded 3500. I think that helps it out as far as electrical interference is concerned at jupiter. Another noise problem at Jupiter is the guns. Its made me jump a few times must be shooting cannons.

stevewilko said:
Hi,

I viewed your running of the 11" DD coil setting as you "should" and then, on a (?) target, switching to mono coil setting as a further target confirmation.

Also usable as a gain in sensitivity on mullock heaps etc.

Not seen or heard about switching these run settings before.
Very interesting.

Thanks for that, appreciate it...

Steve.

Yes a dd with the detector switched to mono can bump the sensitivity up alot but only uses half the coil, in areas such as mullok heaps with alot of ferous junk the discrimination can often still be used with that setting so dd's are very hand coils for different situations.

Regards Daryl

I recently sent a 14" Ultra coil to Steve in WA, who runs Nugget In The Hand Prospecting.
He did a little review - here's a couple of snippets from it.

"Well after a little delay im finally finished testing the new Detech 14 inch mono coil. Overall i was very impressed by the coil and how it compared to the Coiltek 14inch 'elite' and the Nugget Finder 15 inch 'evolution' coils"
"The Detech has a slightly more 'tinny' target signal sound compared to both the Coiltek & NF which i found strange but it also seemed to help in hearing those faint deep signals. I was impressed with how the Detech coil performed in all soils and conditions including in wet and damp soils"

You can read the full review on his Fbook page: https://www.facebook.com/wagoldprospector/

One of my local customers has been using his 4500 and Detech 15" Ultimate DD. Gold finds have been few and far between, but he's been digging plenty of deep targets so has been persisting with it. I have said to him, "any one of those could be a nice nugget".

1551784464_screenshot_20190305-201052.jpg

Well on his last trip he pulled an interesting looking rock. On close inspection, there was a little gold sticking out.

1551784520_screenshot_20190305-201153.jpg

After a bit of acid treatment, a beautiful nugget revealed itself. Still a few nuggets hiding in the Adelaide Hills....

1551784630_screenshot_20190305-200435.jpg

A well earned nugget, and even sweeter being a local find. :pickshovel:

Latest posts