Double sided shaker table

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey All. I cleaned up my workshed last weekend :eek: So I decided it was time to get onto another project. :) Im getting sick of panning down all the crushings from my jaw crusher and rod mill so I thought Id have a go at a shaker ( wilfley ) table. It will be along the same lines as a Gemini Table but with a varying angle of fall to either side. I Have'nt got far with it yet just the mark up and cutting list for the table top
1500984983_p1040193.jpg

And the cutting of the cross pieces to hold the ply in shape with the fall to either side of the centre
1500985254_p1040196.jpg

Just checking the shape is what I wanted. Creative design insipration juice is in the bottle at the top of the table.
1500985350_p1040198.jpg

More to come in the near future. BTW I love making sawdust :rolleyes: :cool:

Jethro that inspirational juice can change angles before your very eyes, take it easy on the juice. The table looks good I'll be watching like the others :Y:.

Hi Eski and all. A qiuck progess report. Ive just put the subframe for the table together and am working on the tracks. I will use some thin strips of hardwood for the riffles section at this stage and then rout in the catch channels when I get it up and running.
1503185338_subframe.jpg
1503185450_tabletop_2.jpg

Its also going to need a few good coats of marine grade 2pack to waterproof it and stop the ply from splitting.

Would it help the waterproofing if you warm the timber before splashing on the 2 pack poly ?

I have drawings for the Gemeni too but was hoping to find the people who make the GRP table top as I suspect they are a contractor.

The same gemeni table top is sold by at least 3 different companies who build their own frames and drive underneath them.

Heres todays progress. Made up the rails for the linear bearings and the end brackets and got them square and screwed down to the frame.
1503219119_p1040200.jpg
1503219155_p1040199.jpg

Ive also started drilling large holes in the frame to try and reduce its weight a bit.

Headsup said:
Would it help the waterproofing if you warm the timber before splashing on the 2 pack poly ?
Ill sit it in the sun before I spray it but heating it will just make the 2pack go off faster and perhaps orange peel a bit.
HeadsUp said:
I have drawings for the Gemeni too but was hoping to find the people who make the GRP table top as I suspect they are a contractor.
Im not working off anyones drawings just winging it with a few ideas from various tables Ive seen. hopefully they work for me and make concentration of my crushings quicker.

Slow progess but Im on the home straight. Ive got the table finished except for the top coating of 2 pack paint. Also have the mechanism and drive running, I just need to fine tune the stroke and get the return speed right. Just working on the catch launders and spray bar setup
1509617333_p1040218.jpg

1509617361_p1040219.jpg

1509617394_p1040220.jpg

Latest posts