Hello everybody!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey my name is chriz. I come from austria where me and my buddy are hunting for the nice and shiny gold comming out of the alps. We're doin this now for more than a year and got some good finds in our area. So we decided to visit australia now and have a look whats hidden in your soil ? We are starting in Sydney, going to grabben gullen, up to bingara, glen innes, tiboboora, mildura and back to sydney. Normaly we're slucing in rivers, but for this adventure we bought a sdc2300 to begin with the detecting. I'm looking forward to get some impressions of your great country with all the beautiful landscapes and naturesites. hopefully i will also catch some nice gold ;) . Could any of you tell me which kind of weather i should expect when i am coming in september?

Salutes!
Chriz

22 degrees climbing to about 30 around Tibooburra.
All around that Temperature Range.
Darn site warmer than the Alps. :D :D

September in the Eastern States..mainly NSW and VIC.Can be a bit of a lottery. However, all reports are that it will be a tad drier and warmer than usual. Much of the country badly needs some rain already after a dryish winter except for recent rain in Victoria and a little in South Australia.Snow is always possible in the higher elevations... The Snowys and the Great Divide. In which case you can expect roaring South-westers and very cool conditions. What you need to do is dress down..shorts and cotton shirt.. but have warm clothing always available. wear 'High-Top boots and Snake Gators, always. You can expect temperatures in the low to mid 20's but 30 or more is not uncommon, especially in deep gullies and water courses that are open to the sun...ALWAYS wear a hat with a reasonable broad rim!Always have WATER IN ABUNDANCE! If you detect in STATE FOREST.. YOU must OBTAIN A PERMIT FROM the Forestry Commission..27.50 per annum. You can only detect on designated fossicking areas or on private land with the landholder's permission. There is NO detecting in NATIONAL PARKS.
Check with our 'detecting section' for places to visit when you are here.And there are people there who will no doubt point you in the right direction..just ask. ;) Hope your trip here is enjoyable and you find lots'a yellow.
Cheers..Rossco.

Welcome aboard nozzle ,.... ya'll not be riding a pushbike at all will ya's ? :)
1503511446_images-20.jpg

:eek:
1503511885_images-27.jpg

1503511951_images-18.jpg

Cheers for ur warm welcome guys!
Just landed in Sydney!!...great people, great beer!! I feel like i'm gonna have a real good time here!!

@tathradj: when i left austria we had 39 degrees so i needed to dress up :p

@reefer: thank you for the advice! we will try to stay legal and of course outta Trouble ;) Most of our planned sites are public fossicking spots or state forest. Luckily we got permission for a old mine on private property in west wyalong...hope the oldtimers left some colour for my sdc
@silver: :lol: no sah, i'm really not that kind of sporty :lol: ...i can dig deep holes and move lots of soil. But when it comes to doing miles i am happy to have a drivers license and a good ride ;)
@ fred: in europe they take 3500 for a sdc, so we bought it here. I think it's the best detector we can also use in austria. We dont have the big nuggz there but loads of fine gold placer deposits. i think a gpx or z would not be right choice. Attched some nuggyz i found in the alps.

So long mates, i'll
1503588701_img_1251.jpg
keep u up2date!
Cheers
Chriz