All Winch's are Not Created Equal.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found this Article/Video on YT and It seems the all winch's are not created equal, 4x4 Australia has done a shoot out of the top 7 winch's in Australia ranging in price from $800 to a whooping $2200.00, About 3 years ago I bought one that is used by the S.A.S. in their Vehicles which is the short Drum SD9500EWX and the price was an incredible good deal, After having owned a couple of Warns I was not really impressed with their latest range because they have started getting them made overseas and there has been a few problems since,

I bought the Champion/Warrior SD9500EWX (SD stands for Short Drum) hence the SD in the part number due to the above reasons, but the now I am going to add the C9500EWX for the front of my Truck, Champion (NOW) Warrior are the same Winch's that are branded as Runva in Australia, But these Winch's come with all the kit and an added bonus of a cordless remote as well as the normal plug in remote, The build quality is above the rest so if you have been thinking about adding a Winch to your Truck you might want to check em out because you get one tough piece of kit for your money and at almost a 3rd of the price of the big names, So watch the Video because the results were not what I was expecting but I had an Idea it might do ok,

hope this helps,

John.

https://www.4x4australia.com.au/gear/recovery/1708/12-volt-winch-comparison-review-video