Cubes vs Wheels vs others

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Hi fellas, say hypothetically you had a rather large amount of crushed ore to process and water was a problem so you were looking at some sort of recirculating unit to run it through, what would be your choice?

Have looked at gold cubes and wheels but very open to ideas.

Cheers!

Good question, the first thought that came to my mind is how each of those mentioned would operate when the water becomes heavy {full of clay} .
Jemba.

The gold cube would be great with the material, but you would need to have enough room for stuff to settle. I use a three stage water settlement, the first sitting under the cube to catch the heavy material, the second container for that to drain into with some filter material to settle the mud and clay and the third for relatively clean water for the pump to run from. Also use rinse aid or jet dry and just a little washing up liquid.

Still depending on how much clay your talking about then they might all have big problems with it. There was a good little video from 'ask Jeff Williams' on YouTube how he pre cleans his crushed material in a big bucket with a drill mounted paint mixer and rinse aid then just pours out the clay, the heavies all stay well in the bottom of the bucket.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/uni-pro-large-paint-drill-mixer_p1670154
They are cheap and work great, but take off the yellow paint first or you will have little flecs of yellow paint all through your heavies. The rinse aid is a must though to make it work.

G'day MT... is there something about the above you don't like?, or just looking for a 'variety' of options?

There's also the wave table type if you have a LOT of finds to separate... but that's much more $$$ exercise.

Cheers

Thanks fellas, looking at wet options as there is a large amount of mustard type gold as well and also will be using mercury.

GypsyGoldAu said:
G'day MT... is there something about the above you don't like?, or just looking for a 'variety' of options?

There's also the wave table type if you have a LOT of finds to separate... but that's much more $$$ exercise.

Cheers

nope not at all, like both but trying to work out which is better by feedback from users if possible plus any other options.
Wave table I've looked at but portability is also a consideration.

I say the Gold Cube too, as I am looking at a similar, type operation! ]:D
From crusher to Cube, 3 bin water system like some types mentioned.
Just me though, choice is all yours mate, wish you loads O luck all the same.
;)

I've got a blue bowl, I got it from the US with 4 sieves, a bilge pump and leveling kit.
Its great for small fine gold, just classify your dirt, wet it add a drop of rinse aid and your on your way to recovering gold.

1503235070_20160920_195826.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

Edited to try and get pic upright, no such luck :|

Keep it till you have a big amount and then look at cyaniding. Tis the way, then after collecting this "poverty pot" in 30 odd years you can process, spend your time now out prospecting and accumulating, just keep the crushing's.

Latest posts