Creswick creeks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just joined this site after lurking for a while. I live not far from Creswick State Forest/Creswick Regional Park and am happy to post water level reports from the various creeks when I am able to - hope that helps those with a limited travel/petrol budget from wasted trips.

Went on a bit of a reconnaissance today.

Cotty Creek near Wolfe Road - no flow.

Slaty Creak - low flow, an inch or two over the ford at Campground 3.

Sawpit Creek - no flow and a few puddles near Chapel Flat where it passes under Shuttleworth Road

Forgot to mention that I passed three or four water points for firetrucks (the signs with W.P. kind of give it away) around Slaty, Cotty, Sawpit Cks and they were all pretty full of water too.

We've had a reasonable amount of rain in the last 48 hours in the Creswick and Daylesford area - including some periods of heavy falls today. Hope to get out to the Creswick forest on Saturday.

Going to either Daylesford or Creswick tomorrow, hoping this rain has the creeks flowing nicely.

Good luck out there. :Y:

Went out for almost 7 hours today in Creswick.

Cotty Creek near Wolfe Road - good flow.
Sawpit Creek near Wolfe Road - flowing upstream of Wolfe Road.
Slaty Creek - flowing - the ford crossing on Bush Inn Road has been half washed out and is being seriously undermined by Slaty Creek flow. Some nong(s) have moved the warning signs and tape on the southern approach.

Quite a few dirt bikes out today - had a group of about 12-15 or so go past me on Wolfes Road.

Out again today.

Low but steady flow where Slaty Creek Road crosses Sawpit Gully and creek.

Had to bolt at 3.25pm when a sudden thunderstorm and downpour interrupted proceedings. A fair bit fell in a short time as evidenced by the water streaming down/across/guttering Slaty Creek Road and James Hill Road.

AK47 said:
Hey Vombat,

Thanks for the updates - you are a champ.

No worries AK47 - haven't been able to get out this week we've had a few showers in that time. Will try and get out and do an update report in the next week. :)

Salty and Cotty flowing steadily a few days ago when I was last out.

Expect they should be up given the steady rainfall of the last 36 hours with more expected before the weekend.

Yeh she's definitely soggy out creswick. Went for a quick drive too see how smashed my normal areas were. Struggled hard in the wagon.

Beautiful day out in the Creswick Forest today.

Petticoat Gully is running from above where it is crossed by Wolfes Road.

Mopoke Gully is running from above where it is crossed by Standard Road.

Sawpit Gully is running from above Slaty Creek Road.

Cotty Creek and Slaty Creek both running well.

Cold morning coming up tomorrow with -3 degrees and frost but a nice sunny day is promised. :Y:

Fantastic work mate :Y: :Y:

Great place to go and try your luck ;) :D
But man that fricken water is icy :eek: :brokenh: ]:D

madhatter said:
Fantastic work mate :Y: :Y:

Great place to go and try your luck ;) :D
But man that fricken water is icy :eek: :brokenh: ]:D

Oh don't I know it! Feet are still thawing out! :eek:

ballarat_gold said:
Seen many out there working the area mate.?

Only met two out yesterday. Saw a few vehicles drive past. I tend to avoid the campgrounds so if there were people there I wouldn't know.
I expect I'll see more today with the sun out. Heading out now.

Was out in the Creswick Forest today - Slaty Creek is flowing ok with about 3 inches depth flowing over Campground 3 Ford.

A couple light showers during the day and then I got caught in a downpour around 3pm. Water still in Sawmill Gully as I drove down Wolfes Road.

Latest posts