Fisher F75 + F75 SE information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Seems a mate has had his circumstances change, so he's selling his detector. Just wanted to know what people thought of them...and ever tried it on the gold in the triangle. (he laughed when i told him id use it in the triangle if i got it).

hi mate
I got a teknetics that's made by the same company as fisher detectors, they will work in the goldfields but it is bloody hard work. the hotrocks and ground noise will drive you nuts if your just learning detecting with a vlf

if it's cheap and you just want to have some fun at the park/beach and sometimes the goldfields then go for it.
but just for goldfields there are better vlf's.
regards trashy

Thanks tm, he brought it as an scrounger and did quite well on the beaches/park scene (paid for itself but he's keen and been at it since we were kids) and mates rates plays a part in my decision. I would love a dedicated gold machine, but most of my detecting in coin shoot, although in my short time using the vlf style out on the Goldfields i understand just how tough it can be so i can appreciate is just a bonus. Took a mates t2 out for a week with the 5 inch coil hit the lead which is great and a little peice but it really suffered to gb properly, in exchange for showing him around a few new spots, bit in saying that these modern machines have really come ahead in leaps and bounds so after not having one for a few years I'm keen to get back into it. What model do you run, coil setup etc and have you had much luck? I liked the t2, seemed fairly operator friendly, very light, and excellent options.

hi mate
I got the t2 with the standard dd and I love it for mucking on the beach when the missus drags me down there, I have only mucked around on the goldfields with it for a short time as I have a p.i for gold so I have only found junk with the t2 in that short burst
I also have a x-terra gold pack but it's pretty much the same in the goldfields unless working bedrock for tiddlers, I bought it for the missus but stuffed up by getting her to swing over a target I found with the p.i in a patch and knew was gold, she nearly threw the x-terra at me when there was no signal :lol: so she went and read a book and the x-terra has sat in the cupboard ever since :lol:
all good fun but..
regards trashy

Haha good stuff thanks mate. Had the xterra on the shortlist due to its versatility, but in the end gold machines are just that and shooters that have gold option are a bonus. Pity the t2 has such a high price point...but i think they have a 5 yr warranty. Id take the omega from what I've read, but i did very much like it. Ah well i might get the Fisher, it will be cheaper than what i can sell it for at the $600 mark. Cheers mate.

I bought a F75 when they first came out , imported it from Kellyco .
Was the only detector I ever hated , just a pain to use , as for Kellyco NEVER again , they still employ the dope I tried to communicate with my problems .

Sold it cheap & bought a Tesoro , they are a good machine ;)

Np. Thanks for you're imput. Seems looking around the net the t2/f75 are basically very similar.

Anyway due to the kindness of aforementioned mate i picked this up as a shooter today. I'm a sucker for a bargain, now to hunt a few coins. I feel better just having one after not having one for so long. you never know your luck right?

Ha ha! Outback comments really cheered me up. Bought f75 special eddition last month. It was recommended for my hunting grounds by, Gold Hunters Detectors, Garry's Detecting and some very experienced detector's evaluator whoes name escapes me now. Also sucker for a bargain Goldtarget, Got god bargain + extras for free, from transbaymd USA. Will deal with them any time.The only snag is they can not sell neither Tesoro Tiger Shark nor Garret AT Gold outside outside USA. If 13kHz is oversensitive what about 18kHz. Apparently for gold detecing vlf single frequency ranging from 17 to 19 kHz is suggested. You already responded GT that there are better detectors. Can't wait for Your answer Cheers

The F75 is a great coin/relic detector.
You can custom a lot of things (number of tones).
All metal dynamic mode is very powerfull (maybe best for gold).

It doesn't like to be used near houses, power lines, etc... you need to decrease sensitivity a lot.

But in the middle of nowhere it is very sensible.

It performs extremely well in polluted (small irons, nails, foils, ...) area.

The updated version of the Fisher F75 and F75 Ltd is shipping to distributors and dealers in the US. Presumably also Australia.
1413500292_image.jpg

Hi. Steve. Well. I did get a Teknetics T2 SE at Xmas. It has all the advanced new features the Fisher has with the new upgrade. Main thing it does not have is the backlight. I think there may be a couple of saving features in the Fisher too, but not worth the extra $400 it costs here in Aus. Is it good??? Is it DEEP??? Hell yes! I'm Slowly getting to understand this machine and once you do it's a pleasure to use. Can be a bit chattery in our hotter ground, in All Metal but doesn't seem to matter as targets still stand out nicely amid the chatter. I found All metal is the way to go. Only use Discrim mode when in trashy areas. In All Metal it's an absolute Monster! And it seems to have the most sensitive signal to small gold for a VLF that I have ever used. You have to be very careful and put some time into testing the different Tone options. They really do give quite different responses to targets in discrim mode. Pick the wrong one for some detecting and you may not hear some targets. 4 Tones seems to me to be the best all rounder. Doesn't seem to miss much on that setting. That's why I say only discrim mode where needed. All metal is very positive. Hope you are well Steve....Regards... Ronnie. :)

Hello Ronnie,

T2 is an excellent machine, very popular early in the African gold rush. As deep in all metal as any VLF made. As you mention the extra features on the F75 really add nothing for prospecting. I hope you find a monster nugget with it!

I know I need to get different detector before I get to Australia, however, its such a popular detector in Africa,is ther ea single person using it in Australia for any gold at all?

I use mine for coins and relics....Could and has been used for gold detecting but uphill battle everywhere I go...drive a bloke nuts pretty fast. PI recommended.

As for everything else it's a damn good unit. Every time I think of getting something else I go out and come home satisfied with it. No good on the beach though, that's it's weakness.

Ha! Imagine that. I dont know if finding gold would be as hard as finding an F75 user in Australia. Ok Thanks thats good info. I guess Austrtalia ground is so different than Africa and North America... The mineralisation.. ? Where I am at in China there is no gold to detect...

Working on the artifacts... so at this point I am sure that it is not 99.9 precent hype. VLF is absolutely a no go for Gold Nuggets in Australia.

DTC, where ever you are you need to realize that what we have all said about VLF's for prospecting is fact, Yes they will work but you have to run them at around 75% of their abilities maybe less with some models. I think you have been doing too much reading and not enough doing,

Yes they will work but not to the extent to match your goals.

Hi I have just purchased the F75 Ltd and have had small success with finding relics.
My problem is I have small gold piece stored in a plastic container and the f75 passes right over sometimes not even a single sound. I have tried different settings and even reset the machine, still no luck.
Can anyone help?

Grunt said:
Hi I have just purchased the F75 Ltd and have had small success with finding relics.
My problem is I have small gold piece stored in a plastic container and the f75 passes right over sometimes not even a single sound. I have tried different settings and even reset the machine, still no luck.
Can anyone help?
It's only 13khz mate .
The gold will need to be around 5grams and shallow for the f75 to have any chance of detecting it.

Grunt said:
Can anyone help?

I hope you got a real Fisher - there's a heap of Chinese fakes around. :awful:

Latest posts