Been reading topics on this site for a few years just didnt sign up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VLFr

Dom
Reaction score
Hi all. I detect with a couple of other blokes mostly between Dales Creek and Creswick . Few times around Dolly's creek. Been doing it for a few years now . Lately started detecting the beaches. Mostly try to get out at least once a month or more if its blowing too much on weekends to go fishing. Fishing's my first love and that takes precedence.

I studied geology as part of my applied science degree about 15 years back and that's helped with understanding where I think the golden stuff resides. Found more flakes of gold panning than I have with the detector. I built a sluice awhile back but the rivers haven't really started to flow till the last few weeks.

Love reading a few of the blogs especially the Eureka gold one.

I have a Eureka Gold set up with only 1 coil a 6 inch coiltek. Been using this combo for awhile now. Found everything but gold with it, though I don't think its far away now. A new bloke started work a bit back with our crew and his a prospector with many years experience. He is giving me insight into areas that go back years from trail bike riding all over Victoria. I'm slowly getting areas and places dialled in. Found no lack of hot rocks but its only a matter of time I think. We did find a mini sunbaker sitting next to a massive hole (not filled in) after it rained awhile back in the forest. Dom :Y:

Latest posts