Government posted Waeco Fridge Recall

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would Never touch a Waeco with a 40' pole... Far better Out there... Over-rated and Over-priced with the components they use...IMO :N:

LW....

Well I wanted an Engel but over here I could only get the old model so I went with the ARB 47L, but Waeco have a good following and many folks buy them, I think these latest models are a cut above their older models and they have some nice features, I guess it boils down to what appeals to people's tastes,

Once you get in to a certain price bracket there is not much between them, I liked the ARB style and finish but most of all it was designed by an Off road company for off roading, but I managed to buy mine within weeks of them having a price hike, So it worked out well in the end, I did think about National Lunar and yes they are good but I wanted a Good Aussie fridge so that only left Engel and ARB,

John.

LoneWolf said:
Would Never touch a Waeco with a 40' pole... Far better Out there... Over-rated and Over-priced with the components they use...IMO :N:

LW....

Hey LW it's not a post about opinion it's a heads up for anyone who does have one so they get it sorted. Chill out LW all is good RR has done other members a good deed by making them aware, that's it in a nut shell nothing more nothing less..

Top job RR :Y: thanks for posting.

RM Outback said:
good RR has done other members a good deed by making them aware, that's it in a nut shell nothing more nothing less..

Your welcome mate, I know what my fridge means to me and I would hate to loose it and my truck because something like this and I would not forgive myself if it happened to someone when I could of done something about it.

John.

7.62marksman said:
just went out and turned mine off until i can check it out bad feeling it falls into the category
thanks mate for the info

I got my fingers crossed for ya mate, hope all is good, But the up side is they will replace what needs to be done FOC, so all is good aye,

John.

RM Outback said:
LoneWolf said:

LW....

Hey LW it's not a post about opinion it's a heads up for anyone who does have one so they get it sorted. Chill out LW all is good RR has done other members a good deed by making them aware, that's it in a nut shell nothing more nothing less..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LW....

My primus has just started to play up.
Did a pretty big trip, no problems until I got home and went back to AC. It won't hold its setting, set at 2deg, next morning it was -18.
Tried to set it for 2 again, in the arvo it was +17!
Wish I had an Engel.

davent said:
My primus has just started to play up.
Did a pretty big trip, no problems until I got home and went back to AC. It won't hold its setting, set at 2deg, next morning it was -18.
Tried to set it for 2 again, in the arvo it was +17!
Wish I had an Engel.

Any news what the problem is yet Dave, ? That model got some great reviews so it must be something silly, I tried to buy one but no one here sells them,

hope it's a small fix.

John.

Early Waecos were crap and early Engels were great but things have changed. I have a Waeco CFX50 that is the best fridge I have owned.

Magilla said:
Early Waecos were crap and early Engels were great but things have changed. I have a Waeco CFX50 that is the best fridge I have owned.

Yep, I think the CFX is one to own, they are tough and will go the distance.

J.

Latest posts