Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko

Mark Gilberd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Im a total newbie from the Central Coast NSW.

A few months back, after needing to getaway for the weekend, I grabbed the camping gear, the dog, jumped in the 4wd and headed down to the Turon River, where I camped for the night.
Whilst travelling through to Sofala, I noticed some people in the river panning for gold, as beautiful a place as it was, I thought dont know If I would like digging around in the water and getting wet sort of thing.

Further on along the journey, I saw a man in a secluded area with a metal detector, he had his 4wd set up with an annex etc., I presumed he was searching for gold, I thought to myself, now thats something that I could do and enjoy.

Since that weekend I havent been able to get the idea of learning to prospect for gold out of my mind, strange as it seems my family think Ive gone mad, and I feel like there is something calling me, like a piece of metal being drawn to a magnet sort of thing.

Im past mid age, so it cant be that crises, anyway Ive been reading and searching through Professor Google and found this forum, which has heaps of info and people to learn off, so thanks to you all.
Im hoping to get my first detector within the next month or so and I presume the next level of learning will begin.

Marko

Hey Marko

Welcome mate.
I am at Wyoming so just up the road.
There are a couple of us from Central Coast here.

Lets meet up soon
I am going away for two weeks then we should hook up for a beer.
Neil

NeilM said:
Hey Marko

Welcome mate.
I am at Wyoming so just up the road.
There are a couple of us from Central Coast here.

Lets meet up soon
I am going away for two weeks then we should hook up for a beer.
Neil

Hi Neil,
Sweet, sounds great, look forward to catching up on your return mate :Y:

Marko

G'day Marko welcome to PA sounds like your enjoying your research and the fever :Y: all the best when you get out there.

..............and GOLD FEVER strikes again

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Welcome to the forum Marko, lots of info and eye candy burried wishing the posts, should keep you awake all night stirring with thoughts of your next trip out West. :p :p :p :p

Hi Marko,

I am also a newbie and only joined this site the other day. I am also on the Coast and interesting in learning about detecting. Would be good if we could organise a Central Coast meet and all catch up.

Regards Tim

Tim_2260 said:
Hi Marko,

I am also a newbie and only joined this site the other day. I am also on the Coast and interesting in learning about detecting. Would be good if we could organise a Central Coast meet and all catch up.

Regards Tim

Yeh Tim,
sounds great,

NeilM suggested a possible hook up.
Maybe when he returns from his 2 week trip, see what he thinks when he gets back to us :Y:

Marko

Marko said:
Tim_2260 said:
Hi Marko,

Regards Tim

Yeh Tim,
sounds great,

NeilM suggested a possible hook up.
Maybe when he returns from his 2 week trip, see what he thinks when he gets back to us :Y:

Marko

Hey Marko,

Sounds good to me, between work and family life I will make some time to meet up.

Tim

Hi Tim / Marko

I get back on 11 August so will be soon after that
I have been to HE and Wattle flat quite a few times.
Tuena and Nundle once.

Where are you Tim?

Marko is at Gossie and I am at Wyoming so all pretty close.
Will message you guys when I am back.
Neil

Hi NeilM and Marko,

I am at Terrigal, so close to you guys. I am going away with work on Friday for a week so I should be right after then.
Keep me posted on any plans.

Cheers Tim

Marko said:
Hello all, Im a total newbie from the Central Coast NSW.

A few months back, after needing to getaway for the weekend, I grabbed the camping gear, the dog, jumped in the 4wd and headed down to the Turon River, where I camped for the night.
Whilst travelling through to Sofala, I noticed some people in the river panning for gold, as beautiful a place as it was, I thought dont know If I would like digging around in the water and getting wet sort of thing.

Further on along the journey, I saw a man in a secluded area with a metal detector, he had his 4wd set up with an annex etc., I presumed he was searching for gold, I thought to myself, now thats something that I could do and enjoy.

Since that weekend I havent been able to get the idea of learning to prospect for gold out of my mind, strange as it seems my family think Ive gone mad, and I feel like there is something calling me, like a piece of metal being drawn to a magnet sort of thing.

Im past mid age, so it cant be that crises, anyway Ive been reading and searching through Professor Google and found this forum, which has heaps of info and people to learn off, so thanks to you all.
Im hoping to get my first detector within the next month or so and I presume the next level of learning will begin.

Marko

I see someone who is addicted from day one! Welcome to PA and the best of luck with your treasure hunts.

Ramjet said:
I see someone who is addicted from day one! Welcome to PA and the best of luck with your treasure hunts.

Thanks Ramjet, I was just looking through the maps etc in the downloads, "I want ta go out looking right now, forget bout work tomoz"

Think I might order a detector this week, dats if I can sweet talk the mrs! :D

Cheers

Tim = well hook up when you get back :Y:

Hey Marki and NeilM,
I don't have enough messages up to get access to PMs yet. Can you let me know via this thread until I can send PMs.

Thanks Tim