Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixpence is interesting - anyone know if the small 9 is a known variant ?

1502533685_image.jpg

Looking good, nice condition 6d too ,.... but what pray tell is the florin then ?
:Y: :cool: :Y:
gettin a good fill of silvers right now I am. :D

Nice coin Wally, it's quite a low mintage and a key date, but that 9 looks nothing like any of the other 1939 examples on a google search that I did, I'd call the Wynyard coin centre or someone like that.

Here you go Silver, got a bit of restoration work to do on this one

1502585200_image.jpg

Look like the 9 has a split tail, possibly from being sheared off and rotated at the mint. Can't see any other marks indicating it was post mint. Interesting phenomena, keen to find out if it increases or decreases the value of this key date sixpence.

1502585148_image.jpg

Heatho said:
Wally69 said:
Out for a family walk this afternoon, still looking out over the water actually, spotted this in the long grass........feeling a bit underwhelmed with my first gold sovereign
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1502601572_img_0030.jpg

I reckon that might be rarer to detect than a real sovereign mate. :Y:

Yes, I suspect far more sovereigns were minted and lost.

Found out it is gold plated, so not far off the mark :Y: maybe next time :p

Have heard stories of lost bottles of gold Ivo, just panned out the content but no cigar. 8.(

Glassy crystals embedded in the host lava rock Sandta, and a handful of surface finds that have weathered their way out. Thinking that makes them obsidian. Although not entirely sure, I would like to think they are black diamonds :D :lol: :D

Latest posts