Our rights survey.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DONE :Y: I hope this gets some legs and takes off. It's time for a National approach to address prospecting matters.

Thanks for posting Simmo :Y: otherwise I'd never have known about it.

Dogmatic...the survey was initiated by Dustin from Goldrat Highbankers.

He has said in other forums (my words) that he hasn't done this for any commercial reasons and is driven by his passion for our hobby. As well, when the data is collected and collated he will make it available to NAPA and any one else for constructive purposes and to support advancements in our hobby.

It's a good survey and should produce some interesting data.

Well done Dustin..I hope I have constructively represented your position. :Y: :Y:

cheers
Mike

Wow. Done and dusted! This is a survey for us thd people who are paying taxes to our government to do sweet f all. Im sick and tired of us, the people of forgetting our rights, counfused by bullcrap politics and confusing words, sitting back and letting these government larikings and pencil pushers taking our rights away from us!

Hey fellas been a bit absent from here lately with commitments but its really good to hear that you all think the survey addresses the data we need. I compiled this list of questions having had alot of experience growing up in the hospitality game and dealing with councils, tourism boards and the federal government.

As a prospector having been around for a while i felt that alot of action that has taken place was lacking irrefutable proof of our numbers, our impact on small ecomomies around the country and i felt i was in a position to make it happen.

I am in no way finanially driven for fear of highbankers being outlawed im an engineer and can problem solve believe me... im furious about the constant stronghold in restrictions being i imposed by those in glass offices who would stop me from taking my son and daughter out bush to do what i love.

The survey was launched shortly after i joined a group called prospectors united a Facebook group of members ready for action.

Im funding the report and will laise with any and all lobby and pro prospector groups to support them as best i can i believe this data is the correct language and questions to set a baseline and its vital for it to be done in house to present a fair and honest view of what fossicking is.

I want to make it quite clear i am not detracting from the great work done by many on a state level i am here and acting to support them and do everything in my power to make sure we dont lose this fight.

NAPFA i speak with reguraly and PMAV have shown full support which is fantastic because as many we are strong and lets face it were a weird lot and need to stick together. :Y:

To amswer some above points. Yes there are some interested in starting a party and the survey will present that opportunity if the numbers are there
500 voting members is the requirement.
More importantly 60% of respondents said they would financially support a national representative that alone makes this a success in my eyes.

In the past 24 hours ive had emails and pms from people all around the country who are so grateful we are starting something and that gives me the courage to push on. Have a greay night all i hope that clears up a few things for you.

Lets hope we get spome real nunbers and have a real tangible assett to take to the battle field

Great work to all involved :Y:
Now G dig get on the dog and bone to MJB and lets get to Billy's Ck ;)
All I hear are promises, promises.... :D

Thanks Mike, As stated by previous posters, a great well thought out survey and I agree, the data that comes from it will be very interesting. I have no doubt that it will show how much we as prospectors contribute to not only the overall economy but the small communities we visit. These contributions are not only financial, but in all the other things we do while prospecting/visiting.

Matt.

done :Y: :D As pensioners and carrying some disabilities we feel that we are now disadvantaged in fossicking by the BAN on highbankers, our plan was for me to dig and the wife to look after the highbanker as she has issues that prohibit her from sieving and panning. SO the highbanker we have acquired has never fired a shot, and is now illegal in nsw, I guess that is what Govt. departments are for. To support the folk who helped them get established

ray

That's pretty crap Ray. hopefully out of all this someone in Government educates themselves on what we actually do and our minimal impact and positive contributions seeing decisions like this gettingt overturned. This is a good family friendly, healthy hobby for all ages, something that should be encouraged by our officials,

Latest posts