Whites TDI - Dead or Alive?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldini said:
So which Whites model is the bee's knees? the SPP?

Out of their current models the TDI SL is the way to go, But if you can find a TDI Pro Oz series that might be the better way to go,

hope that helps,

John.

Thanks Ridge Runner i have found a TDI Pro Oz for $1500 2ndhand or a new TDI SL for $1950
Can i run these with the 18650 batteries?
Love the power of these batteries... Epic

Goldini said:
Thanks Ridge Runner i have found a TDI Pro Oz for $1500 2ndhand or a new TDI SL for $1950

There is a 18650 pack on the market that fit the TDI SL which boost the power and the run time of the TDI SL but they don't fit in to the standard battery pack,

The TDI Pro does not need or use them because it already has an Awesome battery pack so no worries there, So If you can buy the TDI Pro Oz series, and there are some great mods that can be done on both machines that can really boost their performance,

Hope that helps,

John.

Goldini said:

I have the TDI Pro Oz and the standard battery packed it in after a couple of years. The cells are probably still OK as they usually last about 7 years but there is a small circuit board in the battery that controls the discharge limits so that the battery can not over discharge thus creating a fire risk when recharging, I think this may be what is faulty. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone that could fix it and the replacement battery from Whites is priced ridiculously so I bought some cheap battery holders from Ebay that hold 4 18650 batteries and some cheap (good quality) batteries from Banggood and it works a treat. Two packs last much longer than the standard battery pack at a fraction of the price, you just need to be careful not to over discharge the batteries and you need a quality charger to re-charge them.

I got Thunderstorms over here right now And I can tune out 99% of the EMI with the TDI SL, Sometimes when I see the flash of lightning I get the odd warble but on the whole the TDI SL does not suffer from storms as a rule but all my other PI machines did and do,

I the City I can Max the gain right out and have no problems what s ever, The TDI SL is a great backup if you own other PI's that won't run smooth when a storm is within a few hundred Ks of you,

Every time I think of selling it I think about what it can do, and I think what use is a High powered PI if you can't run it due to the weather and even a PI with certain amount of depth is better than packing up and going home, So that is what makes it a great backup if you own a more expensive model.

John.

Thanks a bunch guys you have been very helpful. I think a TDI SL is the way i will go. With a better coils for the TDI and my Goldbug2 i should be set. Do you know where i could purchase this 18650 battery pack ridge runner?

Goldini said:
Thanks a bunch guys you have been very helpful. I think a TDI SL is the way i will go. With a better coils for the TDI and my Goldbug2 i should be set.

Well it should serve you well, with on coming storms and EMI all other machines won't run as well as the TDI SL, Good luck and checkout the Coils that Coiltek make for the Whites TDI Series, from what we have seen they really step up compared to the factory coils.

John.

Own a TDI SL and only gotten a chance to use it around Durakai a few times, been very happy with it coming from a VLF been running it with a 12x7 Nugget finder advantage which runs well plus a battery pack running 3x 18650 Li-Ion's also recently purchased the Detech 8" DD for it but havn't had a chance yet to try the new coil as im getting distracted restoring a grey fergy tractor.

1502522355_20170812_170559-2656x1494.jpg
1502522217_20170812_170509-2656x1494.jpg

Milwaukee upgrade lol

I tried a ryobi 18v on mine and it wouldn,t work, think there is something in the battery circuit that detects the tdi 12v and shuts the battery down.have you tested it at home.really interested in upping the volts.

Yeah works good. I was messaging a person from whites us who said you can get a bit better depth running 18v on the tdi pro so i thought id give it a crack

Dan79 said:
Yeah works good. I was messaging a person from whites us who said you can get a bit better depth running 18v on the tdi pro so i thought id give it a crack

Hi Dan. Is it working? Would love to see how you went about wiring it up.

Matt.