Lamberts Gem Cutting Help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering about Lamberts and have a few questions. Is the cost for the final carat weight? What is the minimum stone size, How long does it take to receive back and is it worth it for smaller stones like little sapphires? Any information regarding Lamberts would be highly appreciated! GL & HH - Jack

Turn around time is about 3 or 4 months, they will cut any size stone even the real tiny stuff, though even the tiniest ones will still be a few dollars each. The price is for the final net weight of stones but as I said, each stone under half a carat will cost a few dollars. I wouldn't bother with the really tiny stones, I've seen stones they have cut the size of pin heads, I wouldn't bother with stuff that size.

Don't send any good quality stones over 3 or 4 carats, get those cut here in Australia.

Thanks Heatho! I won't bother with the little sapphires then, just some of the better ones. I'll send some topaz, crystals, garnets and some other stuff that are small and I don't want to cut! What about some heat treated Madagascar sapphire that are like 5 carats they (aren't worth that much). Do I send those? Or could they get stolen. Thanks - Jack

Ok, I'll do them. I might gather some more material before sending away. Thanks for your help Heatho! Thanks - Jack

Yep, what Heatho said - definately get any better ones cut here.

Aside from what has already been mentioned, when something valuable vanishes outside Australia's borders, you don't really have any redress. I heard of a lady who had a rather nice aquamarine crystal she sent overseas to be faceted. When it eventually came back, she felt that there was just something slightly different about the colour. She had it tested and the result came back.....synthetic green quartz.

Hi Jack, can you please stop pressing the "report" button when replying to posts. You need to reply at the bottom of the thread and press the "submit" button.

Thanks. :Y:

Have I been pressing the "report" button instead of reply? Oops, I didn't mean to, sorry! How many times did I press it? I don't recall hitting it but I'll make sure I don't press it again. :)

Latest posts