Expert at Ubuntu command line

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I desperatly need the services of a person highly literate with the command line for "Ubuntu" so that I can get a localhost of wordpress installed. Happy to pay for somebody to install xampp and wordpress on top. I can download the zip/rar files ready to go. Even if I have to bring the box to you, I'm desperate to get this running properly
cheers Keith 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

how close to the GT are you
sorry should have added i have a mate that is at the GT until mid sep
he was the one that rebuilt and fixed the comp at work
we keep in contact via skype when he has service

Plenty of lamp (can't comment on xampp) guides online, if you can install ubuntu you can follow one of the guides,

Agreeing with cazalla, if you or someone you know is decent with computers in general then you should be able to find a step by step guide online pretty easily. Open a guide on your phone or another computer and just go through the steps. Just make sure the guide is for the same version of Ubuntu, XAMPP.

My mate got back to me today below is the message he sent me
Hi Ken, this is open source software that people use in connections to blogs. I had a mate who was into all this stuff and could of helped however he is unfortunately dead now so I can't help. I'd look this up on the internet. It should not be too hard to install.

Thanks guys, I've given up on trying to install it on my Ubuntu box 8.( 8.( there always seems to be a step or two in the commands missing. I've got it setup on my windows laptop, and I can set it up on a virtual box in Ubuntu so it looks like I'm going to be stuck with that atm
Thanks for the suggestions
cheers Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts