X-terra 705, Goldmonster 1000 or Gold bug Analog

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronpatrol

Cameron
Reaction score
Hi all
I've been looking into getting a detector
And have been going round and round.
Originally it was going to be a 705gold pack
Then I saw the monster1000
I'd like to get into it cheaper the better for now.
So more reading and googling.
I have found on gumtree a goldbug analog.
No screen just knobs
It's ten minutes up the road from me.
The add says perfect working order as they all say lol.
He's asking 400 bucks for it Ono
What do you think it's really worth? 250?
How can I go about haggling on price and what should I aim for.
Also what's your thoughts on the gold bug as a new by cutting their teeth on a budget?
Thanks in advance cheers cam :Y:

Having no discrimination at all on the original Goldbug and manual ground balancing is going to make life pretty hard for you, better off looking for a second hand goldbug pro, teknetics G2, or stick to the Minelab 705. For a couple of hundred more, you get much more user friendly detectors with either ground grab or auto ground balancing (and option to manual GB), discrimination, beach ability, and ability to ID targets. All the mentioned detectors have the same or similar frequency to the older goldbug at around 19kHz.

I guess you could class the original gold bug as a pure nugget machine, one big negative is that it misses out on the iron discrimination that the later 71kHz Goldbug 2 offers. Having no discrimiantion at all mean you will be digging every little piece of iron or aluminium at the beach, and I doubt whether it would have the ground balance range to cope with wet sand, unlike the 3 above mentioned detectors.

Thanks a lot for the replays.
still do really like the look of the 705. It looks simple to use.
I guess I'm just staring to get impatient and looking for a cheap fix instead of what I really want lol.
Im glad I put up the question to redirect the chain of thought hey.
There's an old mine near home that a bloke from fire brigade put me onto before he got shipped to QLD.
He found a few small nuggets there.
He seems to think that no one has been there in a long long time.
I had a walk around and I think he's right.
Hard all heck to find it.
And I don't think there's any water with walking distance that I could do some panning.
Hence the detector.
Thanks a lot for the reply again I really apreciate it
Cheers cam :Y:

Latest posts