NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great interview Steve, I like the segment about Parks NSW, hope they were listening.
Cheers, SinHof.

NSW fossickers are urged to put pen to paper to support the case for access to these areas currently managed by National Parks of NSW.

These are good gold areas. NAPFA will put in a submission but anyone with local knowledge or with aspirations to do something in that area should put pen to paper. Just state your interest in the area and any particular knowledge or insight you may have regarding the fossicking potential.

If you can write a post for the forum, then you could write a submission!

See the note below from National Parks. You can get on their alert list for reviews as well if you visit their website.

Thanks.

Stephen
President of NAPFA

1494926816_cottan-bimbang.jpg

Public exhibition of Cottan-Bimbang NP, Cottan-Bimbang SCA and The Cells SCA Draft Plan of Management

The Cottan-Bimbang NP, Cottan-Bimbang SCA and The Cells SCA Draft Plan of Management has been prepared and is being exhibited in accordance with the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974. Cottan-Bimbang National Park and State Conservation Area and The Cells State Conservation Areas are located in the hinterland of the NSW mid north coast, approximately 70 kilometres west of Wauchope and 65 kilometres east of Walcha. The parks are dissected by the Oxley Highway and are managed by NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), part of Office of Environment and Heritage
The draft plan of management can be viewed at https://engage.environment.nsw.gov.au/consult. You are invited to make a written submission on the draft plan of management.

Submissions need to be received by 14 August 2017.

You can provide your written submission in one of the following ways:
i. use the online submission form at https://engage.environment.nsw.gov.au/consult
ii. email your submission to [email protected]
iii. post your submission to NPWS Planner, Cottan-Bimbang Parks Draft PoM, NPWS, PO Box 361, Grafton NSW 2460..

Your submission will be provided to a number of statutory advisory bodies (including the relevant regional advisory committee and the National Parks and Wildlife Advisory Council). Your comments on the draft plan may include personal information. OEH complies with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 which regulates the collection, storage, access, amendment, use and disclosure of personal information. See OEH privacy webpage (www.environment.nsw.gov.au/help/privacy.htm) for details. Information that in some way identifies you may be gathered when you use our website or send us correspondence.

Your submission, in whole or part or as part of a summary, may be made publicly available on our website. If you do not want your submission made public in this way, please indicate this on your submission. If an application to access information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 requests access to your submission, your views about release will be sought if you have indicated that you object to your submission being made public.
Yours sincerely

STEPHEN MOORE
Acting Team Leader, Park Management Planning
National Parks and Wildlife Service
Tel: (02) 44222341

I am not a very well educated individual on law or politics so if you would be so kind or someone on this forum to guide me more on what type of guidelines would be appropriate to put in a submission in layman terms other than I like gold and I think it's fun, would be much appreciated because I'm thinking the numbers matter here but how relevant the reason to be submitted I'm still a bit grey on.
thankyou in advance,
Gemini.

Thanks Gemini.

The reason to make a submission is to indicate to the NSW National Parks that you have an interest in fossicking in the said areas; and that you support the right of others to fossick there. If you examine the screenshot above, there are Exploration Leases all over the SCA. And yet we cannot fossick there. In my opinion that is not a fair situation. Why can a mining company explore, and potentially mine, but we cannot fossick?

These matters need to be reinforced to NPWS at every opportunity. There is no need to be concerned that, in your words, you are not educated on law or politics. This is not about that at all. It is about what is a fair go for fossickers.

Key points to make are:

• this area has known mineral resources that would be of interest to fossickers.[/*]
  • this is demonstrated by the fact that mining companies can operate mining exploration leases over the area.[/*]
  • if mining companies can explore and potentially mine, then fossickers should also be permitted to fossick there.[/*]
  • NPWS can provide consent to fossick in these areas.[/*]
  • If you have personal knowledge of the area, state what that may be without giving away your secrets![/*]
  • If you know that the area has been fossicked in the past, before it became national park lands, provide information.[/*]
  • Fossicking is a low impact activity that brings benefit to regional areas, as well as supporting the health and well-being of the community.[/*]
  • Fossicking is a highly regulated activity; and its application (techniques and areas) in the areas of the review can be determined by NPWS.[/*]

That's for starters! You may have other ideas as well -- in which case just say it in your own words. At the end of the day, just give it a crack! For you and your kids and your kids' kids!

cheers

stephen
President of NAPFA

I'm heading to WA to chase a bit of gold over there. So I have had to lodge the NAPFA submission early.

http://www.napfa.net/upload/NAPFA submission - Sturt National Park Plan of Management.pdf

I really encourage people who know the area, or who are interested in going there, whether you are NAPFA members or not, to have your say. It is the only opportunity on a planned five-year cycle where you have a chance for input. Individual views and stories matter.

Cheers

Stephen
President
NAPFA

Please join so your voice can be heard in numbers
use the link below to join the more members we can get the more they will listen

http://www.napfa.net/

Please read the link below and see what is happening to our hobbies

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23040
http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.g...7/Compliance-priorites-July-December-2017.pdf

Please when you have joined just give the Thumbs up
Dont use this link as a bitch session just use it as a research area adding links if you think they will help
if the Moderators have any more links please add them.

Moderator Tathradj Edit. :)
When you fill in the Membership form and are
paying by direct deposit, Please use your name as
a reference so they can be matched up.

Membership is only $25.00 per year (higher rate applies to overseas
members). The membership year ends on 31 December.
NAPFA is an honorary and voluntary organisation.
Join now to make us stronger. Dont sit on the fence with this important
issue. If you want better access and conditions, you need to fight for them.

Show the same spirit that emerged at Eureka in 1854 when diggers united under a flag of the Southern Cross and pledged to fight for a fair deal!

We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Join the rebellion today!

Latest posts