Geovic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, all just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with Geovic? I log in and it starts app and then I get this message
"Could not create map engine mapengine.selection undefined" Once I close the message it loads but no maps.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it?

Ok not to worry, it is a server error.

Q) What does Could not find mapEngine geovic.arcims mean?
Most of the layers used by GeoVic 3 comes from an ArcIMS service managed by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. Sometimes this server will go down for maintenance or for short outages. Hence GeoVic3 will be unable to load images. For the short outages of a few minutes, the system will restart the connection to this service when it becomes available. Sometimes this problem will persist because the ArcIMS service does not come back up. If this problem persists, please contact us to attempt to restore the service.

I was just looking for assistance on how to see reef lines on Geovic 3. Im pretty sure that it was possible in the early versions of Geovic but Im just unable to get them on the maps. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Autitch

Hi,while researching areas around Talbot Vic. I have noticed the Geovic information is no where near as detailed as Doug Stone and my John Tully maps.Am I doing something wrong ? Specifically I,m looking at Stafford gulley ,I,m not seeing any signs of workings on Geovic no matter which layers I apply or remove.Can any one advise either way .Cheers Toshman

BigWave said:
I've often noticed that none are complete in themselves for some areas, so it's best to use them all. I often find old diggings not found on any maps.

In my travels through work in the past 3 weeks I've seen old workings in the bush and gps marked them to research when home, they haven't shown on any maps or geovic either, maybe they weren't worth mentioning or maybe they are worth exploring as many people may not realise they are there?

It's the same thing with google earth with the Vic mines overlay, I know mines that don't show on the overlay but research shows they were productive back in the day.

Latest posts