MINELAB F1A4 ex military metal detectors - tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the headphone connector on the F1A4 plug socket is called? I was thinking of replacing the socket with a standard plug, but making an adapter would be just as easy. Thinking of building a bluetooth mod too, but need the right socket.

Also has any one used bluetooth on an F1A4?

Thanks

James

Here it is from the book.

Connector Body, Receptacle,
Electrical Front Panel Audio
Connector complete with wire to connect to the PCB, F1A4,
Detecting Set Mine.

NSN
5935 66-143-2789

Part No.
Z4912/ 2301-0017

I've used blue tooth on my f1a4 I swap it between my sdc&f1a4 works great it is a technetics transceiver & headphones I got from jay car store cheers Muk.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to metal detecting. I started with an Aldi detector and that got me hooked but wanted something to take to the goldfields so I bought a Minelab F1A4, got it home put new batteries in and it worked fine for a couple of minutes then the low battery light started flashing, so I changed the batteries again but it still flashed low battery. Has anyone on here had a similar problem? Or knows how to fix it? I'm dying to get out to goldfields asap. Thanks in advance.

i find on some of my electric stuff if you use cheep ones they only last a few minutes IE cameras
these ore not the best but i use them on the GM 1000 and they seem to go ok -- Duracell procell
i am going to get rechargeable for my gear but will have to get the best (or as close to as money will allow)

I did think it might be the batteries and will try the ones you mentioned, I have tested the batteries I bought though and they are still on full charge.

my test and tag machine is like that
the batteries are new but the machine runs for a few min then shuts off however on the battery tester they still show full charge
the ones i said on here last about a month
i got some silver ones top of the range ones and they last me about 3 months but cost an arm and a leg (Energizer Ultimate Lithium Battery AA) think the last price was $25.00 for 4 however i have found them on ebay for about $17.00 for 4
thats why i am going to some good rechargeable ones and carry it in the turtle when i go out

Found a place near me that has the procell batteries, they're actually cheaper than the ones I bought. I'll get some tomorrow and report back. Thanks

You could get a battery mod to your detector so you don't have to use d cells.

Alex25 said:
Found a place near me that has the procell batteries, they're actually cheaper than the ones I bought. I'll get some tomorrow and report back. Thanks

Hi Mate,

By the symptoms you describe it sounds like the battery carrier has failed.
There is a power supply in the battery carrier that boosts the battery voltage up to 6v, and they fail.
As long as the voltage of all 4 d-cells is above 3.7v, the detector should run fine.

Keep an eye on ebay, there will be a battery carrier listed up later tonight or tomorrow ;)

AuMan said:
Alex25 said:

Hi Mate,

By the symptoms you describe it sounds like the battery carrier has failed.
There is a power supply in the battery carrier that boosts the battery voltage up to 6v, and they fail.
As long as the voltage of all 4 d-cells is above 3.7v, the detector should run fine.

Keep an eye on ebay, there will be a battery carrier listed up later tonight or tomorrow ;)

Thanks mate, I bought the one you listed I did think that it might be the carrier, but the only one I could find was that other one on eBay for $250 which I thought was excessive. Thanks again

Latest posts