Recovery gear

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
:lol: :lol: yes a match does wonders for tyres :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I had some tyres that were replaced yesterday that desperately needed a match and a couple of firelighters. ]:D Ken.

Lol, well that has crossed my mind once or twice, :lol: :lol: :lol:

That little compressor is a keeper, I went over it with a small Torque wrench to make sure the head bolts were all done up equal, Next to my Fridge I think it is the best thing I bought, I was going to change the hose for a straight one but this one is 10 metres long and flexible so I might hang on to it for now.

John.

7.62marksman said:
:eek: :eek: not to burn them i hope ]:D ]:D

The tyres were great right up until they had no worthwhile tread, they still gripped fairly well off road, especially having no tread. Ended up buying another set of the same tyres, with tread. The old ones have gone to the tyre recyclers where if past history repeats itself they would get burnt (fire about 2 years ago). All the tyres were BFG 265/75R16 KM2 mud terrain. Cant wait to get out again. Ken.

Struth Ridge Runner,
I thought things are fairly tame in The Motherland.
Apart from temperature and Bogs. :D :D

Tathradj said:
Struth Ridge Runner,
I thought things are fairly tame in The Motherland.
Apart from temperature and Bogs. :D :D

Your spot on there, A lot of the places I go detecting are not so ve-hic-le friendly, and quite a few roads get closed down in winter time and lack of preparation see's many sleeping in their cars over here or worse. In the past few years I have seen some huge snow drifts and I have seen temps drop from 10*c in the day down to -12* to -21* at night, and that is over a 30* change and it's easy to see why so many people get caught out.

Having recovery gear is not just a problem for those who live in hot climates where you guess the conditions ahead, In colder climates things can change within hours with cold temps and add on the wind chill and things can drop well below -60*c.

J.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaPC-kM1pK0

And this is what happened in the winter of 1962/62 where it snowed on boxing day and did not clear up until March.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMXxRcqmrkQ

Latest posts