Saw this on ebay, had a laugh...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
We tried.

It wasn't just the dodgy 5000 either, there's a "broken" 3030 as well still for sale. Pretty odd having 2 broken detectors for sale.......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/minelab-ctx-3030-/263111124669?hash=item3d42a526bd:g:eHsAAOSwsQVZeqoi

He has added that it doesn't work so basically buyer beware...I don't think he is trying to rip people off as he has stated it doesn't work, it is up to the buyer to do there research and go from there..Not too much difference to someone selling a car or bike on here that doesn't run,as long as they have stated that and someone buys it knowing that,I can't see a problem.

Well, he's back at it again, going by the items updated description, someone got defrauded a bunch of $

The chinese produce fakes of both detectors. Why would all the serial numbers be removed? They are most likely either fake or stolen.

I really do think he is trying to rip people off. The "for parts or not working" seems like a loophole that he is exploiting.

If this thread stops members here buying the pieces of junk then I'm happy, I don't want to see PA members get ripped.

wow really... looks like its been fished out of the bin notice the security label on the side "void"void"void" as in this is done its rooted

Latest posts