Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a good coil for sure very solid. If you are park hunting it really as no advantage over the 11 stock coil but on the beach it kicks arse as it sinks, gives good depth, smooth operation and good ground coverage.

hello all been awhile since i posted was keen to get a detector back then but life and a rather rare illness with other complications got in the way. but i am back now and keen to get a detector. kinda keen on a ctx 3030 for coins and relics as i'm working at the gold coast at the moment so i figure i can hit the beaches abit and maybe some parks perhaps. my procrastination arises from the fact that a xterra 705 gold pack is around $ 800 or less an its treasure detector as well. so i am wondering if the 3030 is that much a better detector ? i do like the fact that the 3030 is waterproof but i am unsure if i need the gps functionality. i have read that apparently both will find gold as well which is nice as i do have a property out near an old gold bearing area. any thoughts or suggestions from you more experienced people ?

The CTX3030 sounds like the machine you need, however it is no light weight machine so take that into consideration also. The x-terra is a great machine, but its a mediocre beach machine compared to the CTX and PI machines. It depends also whether you will detect mainly the dry or wet sand and in the water? If dry sand detecting is predominately what you will be doing, including chasing coins in parks etc., then the X-terra will be fine. :)

lashed out now the proud owner of a ctx 3030 its like xmas in august :)
got it from the miners den brisbane as they had it in stock and its a 1 hour drive from where im working on the gold coast and i hate waiting for deliveries :)
since its a 3 1/2 hour drive to my property i pulled the car charger and battery out of the box and plugged it in. somewhere after beaudesert i looked down to find out i had green lights so i guess it had some charge already so one issue sorted. got it all unwrapped sitting on my bed at the moment. taken some pics which i hope to post soon .

When you get it going and had a little practice, i can give you a few nifty tips on that machine looking for relics in trashy places.

Hi,
Having some issues with my month old Ctx 3030 if I overload it and then turn it off, then on again I get a white screen.
20 mins later it is fine.
Sunday I left the detector in the car when I came home as it was raining(still) 30 min later the sun was out so I went out to get my stuff out of the heat and turned it on white screen again.
So I let it cool down for 15 min and then turned it on again and all is good.
I'm pretty sure that this is not normal or is it.?
I should also say I live in Cairns.

thanks
steve

Hi Steve

It doesnt sound normal , do you have a pic of the white screen ?

I would give Minelab a call .

My CTX had black lines on the screen & the head unit was replaced under warranty .

Hi folks.

I am selling my CTX. I have all the gear but not sure which power pack goes with the charger. The charger, pic below, states the input can be 11 -30 volts. The one I think belongs to it has 18v output. If someone with a CTX can have a quick look for me I would be grateful.

Like to sell it with the correct bits n pieces.

Cheers.

1528863470_ctx_charger.jpg

Howdy

With the dawning of wireless headphones being prominent in recent times just interested in 2018 what set up are CTX users
are using ...?

- wired Headphones like the original Koss Bowling Ball ones , straight into the machine ..?

- WM10 Bluetooth with your favourite wired H/P ..

- WM10 Bluetooth with wireless H/P

- No headphones ...

Cheers

T- Trash

Latest posts