Whites MXT ALL PRO Numbers for Coins & Relics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to find the ID Numbers for Coins & Relics on the MXT All Pro.
For ease of use as a guide.

Thanks Everyone

Hi

I have a list of ID #'s of stuff I've found - I'll try to find it.

I've also found that the numbers change depending on the coil used.

bhogg said:
Hi All

Thanks Everyone

G'day Mate, Have you bought that Machine already??

Hi NB that would be great I should of Just asked when I talk to you next.so just keep it safe for me lol. Cheers mate
Nuggetbuster said:
Hi

Ridge Runner said:
bhogg said:
Hi All

Thanks Everyone

G'day Mate, Have you bought that Machine already??
No not yet but am in the process of it, I've spoken to someone who has one for sale and it all sounds great!!. Just searching for info to familiarise myself with it to get the most out of it. Can't wait to have a great quality machine.. Cheers

Nuggetbuster said:
Hi

Yes you find that because the MXT was Built with the 6X10 in mind, But Whites wanted to market it with the 9.5/950 Coil and the 9.5/950 coil is me most Accurate regarding ID numbers.

Take No Notice of Air Test Numbers and remember that These Numbers are only A Guide With Every Detector Made because the Moment you Add some Mineralization to those Numbers they can vary +5 to -5 give or take a couple of numbers, Because each coil will compensate it's OWN Values Depending of how it reads the Mineralization and the effect the Mineralization Has, And Not forgetting the Type Of mineralization whether it is positive minerals or Negative minerals.

Either way the Numbers will be Very Close between the different coils, Remember it is Only A Guide, OK.

John

I have made my own Chart for the MXT, but I'll send it to you later as its on my PC, I usally have a screen shot I carry on my phone.
Different coils have differant ID numbers as Ridge Runner has said. Same ID for the 5.3, and 9.5 concentric, but differant for the 6x10 DD.
Also, same coins, but different years will sometimes have differant ID numbers.

Just to let you know, I am upgrading to the V3i, so my MXT will come up for sale soon.
I'll put it up in Ebay as its the safest way for any transaction.

I just took the MXT on a WA gold trip, and It did really well in the creeks, but didn't like the mineralized dirt around the flats so much. But that's why I use a PI machine, so I'm really happy with what I found.
I'll put up a video soon.

GD

Ridge Runner said:
Yes you find that because the MXT was Built with the 6X10 in mind, But Whites wanted to market it with the 9.5/950 Coil and the 9.5/950 coil is me most Accurate regarding ID numbers.

I've found the same thing, and when in metro parks with low mineral soil, I much prefer the 950 coil.

Mineralised ground is a different matter, though.

One advantage you have with ID numbers is when looking for particular coins at
a particular depth.

Lets say your looking for $1 or $2 coins that have been dropped in the past 6 months
in a very popular area where thousands flock by knowing the id of say a $1 or $2
coin its when you can start to cherry pick these targets. One awesome advantage.

Hope this helps.

Nuggetbuster said:
Ridge Runner said:

I've found the same thing, and when in metro parks with low mineral soil, I much prefer the 950 coil.

Mineralised ground is a different matter, though.

The MXT will handle hotter Ground than the V3i but you just have to find the right Balance,

PS, sorry folks I have predictive text turned on and I just notice it has put odd words in my Post, %$&ing thing, lol

John

Hi Everyone

I'm just wondering if there's anyone one here using the whites MXT detector
I'm hoping to find out some information on coin numbers for Australian coins
current and pre decimal!, I'm digging In very trashy ground way to trashy to dig
every target and was just after some numbers to help me choose what ones to dig
and yes I do realise the numbers can jump around a bit especially with rubbish under, on top or very very close to the target, but as I haven't found many per-decimal coins I don't know what numbers to take more note of.
Thanks for your time and help it's greatly appreciated.

Bhogg

Hi All

I've been detecting in mostly high trash areas eg football grounds with about 90-95% trash which
is getting quite disheartening to say the least, So anyway I'm after some Australian coin numbers
mostly pre-decimal numbers as I haven't really found any apart from a couple of penny's no silvers at
all, I going to have to start hunting at older sites and sites like old churches and similar places that don't
have the trash that the local football clubs have.
So if anyone could please share some VDI numbers for current and pre-decimals that'd be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and help it's greatly appreciated

Regards
Bhogg

Well what settings are you using and what coil are you using, what tracking settings and which mode are you using etc,

You should be able to pick what is junk and what is not,

John.

Hi John
I'm using the eclipse 6x10 mostly. I've just been using relic mode , discrimination on 3 , gain as high as conditions permit but due to the places I've been going having so much junk and next to no coins it's been a hard slog obviously these areas have been hit very hard by others before me, and because I haven't found even 1 silver pre-decimal yet I've got no idea what numbers they come up as so I'd been digging pretty much everything just in case. The other day I dug 150 targets and found two 50 cent pieces and a $1 coin, was just hoping someone might be able to give me a coin chart for the MXT numbers for OZ coins so I could use as a guide only. Pull tabs are a pretty solid 24-26 VDI consistently I also worry I'm going to miss rings or other valuables, but if I'm only hunting for coins only would just be nice to know all the VDI coin chart and also to perhaps discriminate some of the junk out while coin hunting would also be a bonus but still not 100% sure on how to do that I know it's got something to do with the musical note symbols on the screen but I've never played with the note symbol before.
Cheers mate

Well I know many people rave about the 6x10 but I am not a fan it is ok for hot ground. but it can be too hot at times, if your GND readings are below 75 I'd be using a concentric, they ID junk better and you use/need less Disc to wipe out junk/Iron.

Silver will come In in anything from the high 60's low 70's upwards and larger Copper coins will come in up to the mid 80's and modern coins come in at anything from 14 to the high 80's and pre decimal .500/50% silver coins will come in at around 52 an up, Which is a Bugga because depending on which era of pull tab it is they can come in at anywhere from about 10 up to about 26+/-,

What you need to do is carry a small note book and write a list in the right order of what Aussie coins come in at on the ground in your garden/yard. and when you go out keep it with you so you can cross check the ID's and that will speed up your learning and after a short while those numbers will become locked in your head, I carry one even now, even though I can tell what things are before I dig them, So give that a go, Coin and jewellery hunting is totally different from Relic or prospecting, So you need to get a note pad, No one here ever recommends using one, heavens know why because it will really speed up you hunting and boost your finds rate and Lower your junk rate until you can work it out in your mind, If you gave your machine to a complete novice with that note book that would speed up their finds rate In just 2 or 3 weeks and wisdom by about 6 months and within 2 to 3 weeks they would be whooping you, And not only that you should write down your settings in the back of the book and the depth details and what the find was for future reference,

Your detecting is being hindered by having nothing to compare your signals with, IE you dig a pull tab and the meter says "14", and you dig another and it says "18" and again and your up to "26" and then you dig the tail from one and it say "8". Yet any two of those numbers could be the same type of pull tab but why are the numbers different ? "Simple" the Depth. The Angle they sit at in the Ground, Is there Iron close by or near too, Classic example of that was my Etrac without digging the target it could give me 7 or 8 and even up to 10 different sets of ID numbers on the one target and the MXT and the Deus or the V3i are no different, because the angle and ground conditions and near by targets Good or Bad can all have an effect on your ID numbers,

The Skill is working out what the target is before you dig, Does it give a double bleep one way and a single one at 90* to your first sweep well that is sure going to be a long piece of non ferrous junk like a stretched out piece of can slaw or wire or copper pipe etc, or Does it give you a nice sharp bleep one way and a low tone the other, you just know that that bugga is going to be Iron, These things you can remember but with the good targets you should write them down as I said above,

If you use a note book and learn to trust the machine you will speed up your finds rate, and if your GND numbers are below 75 then use the 9.5/950 coil or the 12".300 Coil because you will get down to the deeper stuff, With the 950 coil I have personally dig Pre Dec Pennies at over 13 inches and I have never dug a coin over 8 or 9 inches and 10" is all you will get with a good Tail wind with that 6x10,

Do the Maths on the Coil 6x10= 6+10= 16 Divided by 2 = 8. So 8 inches is the average depth that you are going to get from that 6x10 coil on Coin sized targets remembering that that is the best results that you can expect from a DD coil of that size, A concentric coil can easily see to about 1.5X it's size in to the Ground, My more realistic View is a safer 1.3X it's size in depth.

So at 9.5" X 1.33 = 12.635" in depth on a coin sized Targets and again I have already dug large pennies at 13"+/-, Now compare that to what the 6x10 is doing. Not to mention the target ID etc. The 6x10 is ok for prospecting and it has good target separation too "IF" you are sensible with the Gain.

Even the Factory 10"DD will go deep too, but like all DD's target ID/Iron can become a problem,

I hope this helps and if you get stuck come back here and we can thrash it out, trust me it is really not that big an issue and very easy to solve.

Good Luck.

John.

1501328927_whites_vdi_amp_gb_chart.jpg

Just gotta make sure of your permissions and that your not leaving a mess hey. :)

Latest posts