Postie bike CT110

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first came to WA I had a postie bike. Brilliant bit of gear though hopeless in the sand. Double G's here that will stop a tank were a bit of a problem even with H/D tyres.

My eye opening moment though was when out 100 klms behind feckarewe I hit a stump hidden in the grass that bent the footpeg, the gear lever and turned my foot around near breaking my leg. Had it done so I'd probably have scorpions or red backs living in my decomposed skulls eye sockets about now.

Our scrub is full of Mulga stumps cut a foot above the ground 100 years ago to supply the mines and railways.

Saying all that, they are a brilliant prospecting tool in the right environment and I wouldn't hesitate to have another one, though I'm spoilt by quads now.

Limpalot
Great meeting you last weekend, brief that it was, and didn't get much of a chance to chat. Would have liked to of heard about your experiences around Jamieson. Good point about sliding down the hills.

Madtuna
Hitting that stump sounds nasty. Ouch!
And a good tip for awareness in long grass.

Cheers guys

Latest posts