Nokta Impact information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
If by trickle you mean intelligent, then yes. You can manually change the charge current.
These do all types of batteries. Also has a discharge-test mode which drains the batteries, then gives them a full charge and tells you their capacity.
See here: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/accupower-iq338xl-battery-charger/

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1488955549_iq338xl-3.jpg

If you are just going to be doing AA cells, and don't need to charge Lithium Ion cells, then you can get an 8-bank charger for a bit cheaper: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/accumanager-8/

12V car adaptors are $12

Hi Nenad,If the Accumanager 8 can trickle charge the batteries needed for the Impact and has a 12v car adapter as well then that would suit me. I also sent you a message to your inbox.

Guys it wiould be good if you could start a new thread in the "Metal detector accessories section" and keep on topic about the Nocta Impact detector.

OldtimerROB, maybe send Nenad a private message, if you could please.

Thanks

+ Narrawa. Thanks for your interesting comments on the Impact. I still think the Impact is a good entry machine for those of us just interested in finding gold nuggets and enjoying the serene life on our goldfields.No need to worry about paying the rent.Sure the Impact is mainly targeted for world users for coin and relic hunting but with eight discrimination modes it might yet find a niche on our goldfields for the more patient prospectors with shallow pockets.Also the Impact is under priced for all the features and quality offered.When Nokta decides to put out a good PI machine at a reasonable price it will shake up the metal detector industry.

Dear Valued Members,

Due to customer requests, we have added a new 7 CONCENTRIC COIL to IMPACT and RACER coil assortments.
Please find below the part numbers and the pictures of these new coils.

The coils are available now and we will ship them to dealers as they are ordered!

http://noktadetectors.com/images/cb-web.jpg

IMPACT IM18C SEARCH COIL (7") CONCENTRIC BLACK
PART NUMBER: 20000725
MSRP:$129

RACER RC18C SEARCH COIL (7") CONCENTRIC BLACK
PART NUMBER: 20000726
MSRP:$129

Great video and interesting to watch, also great to finally get some decent info, demo and review on the Impact, very refreshing for a change ;) .
Thanks for posting it Nenad :Y:

If he is using GOG mode it means the ground is at 100% mineralisation or he dosnt know that GEN will work at 90% and go deeper than GOG and that DI3 will also work at 90% and go even deeper than GEN. - result,a lot of shallow coins which previous prospectors missed due to the hot ground.
This video is short on specifics and very repetitious but I am looking forward to the field comparison between the Equinox/ Impact/Others that he promised.

Hey Rob, maybe instead of constantly knocking every other detector out there and even those trying to show how good the Impact is but not getting the info to your liking, you should do a demo video of your settings to find the foil and old cans at depth in mineralised ground that you've been so successful at finding.
It could be of great benefit to those in a similar situation to see where they're going wrong or if they actually want to find foil and old rusty cans at depth it'll put them on the right track ;)

I'm sure the guy's on the video above have a lot more experience with the Impact than most hence the results for the area they're detecting but you seem to still have to knock their choice of settings. Would love to see one of your demo videos complete with results, would be interesting.

Cheers!

oldtimerROB said:
If he is using GOG mode it means the ground is at 100% mineralisation or he dosnt know that GEN will work at 90% and go deeper than GOG and that DI3 will also work at 90% and go even deeper than GEN. - result,a lot of shallow coins which previous prospectors missed due to the hot ground.
This video is short on specifics and very repetitious but I am looking forward to the field comparison between the Equinox/ Impact/Others that he promised.

Hi Rob,

I don't believe your theory is quite correct, COG mode does not mean Ground mineralisation is at 100%.
It's has more to do with the conductivity of the ground and the LACK of mineralisation.

For instance wet beach sand is highly conductive, but may well be very low in mineralisation.
COG mode is useful if you cant get a good GB due to the conductivity, or LOW mineral content of the ground.
COG mode means, Conductive Ground Mode.

Having just watched the Video, they said what they were chasing, Chinese Coins.
They achieved just that, so the settings used on the day gave them the desired result.

Cheers,

Mal

Hi Mal, So what you are saying there are no patches of 100% mineralised ground in the goldfields,only high conductive ground? I've struck small patches at the head of a gully at Havelock where my Impact overloaded about 30 of them in a 100x100 m area and the mineralisation meter was at 100%. These patches were small at around 2 foot across.One large area about 7 m across on a hill and one at Wedderburn about 3 m across. And some scattered ones around where I went. Only thing I know is in the COG mode the Impact will GB but all other modes not. I am going back to that hill soon to see if COG will find me some targets that others missed.

Cheers,
Rob.

No Rob I'm not saying that at all, but unless you find a patch of 100% iron, I doubt you've seen any ground that's anywhere near 100% Mineralised.

In regard to Metal detecting Mineralised Ground, means Magnetic Ground.

Now the meter on your Impact is a relative number, 100% on the Impact, may well be only 50% on a Garrett or 30% on a whites.
It has more to do with the GB range ability of the detector.

Now in that Video, and I know the Beechworth area quite well, I would guess that the soil was river bank sandy soil, of low mineral content, so they used COG.

Conductive<---------------Neutral-------------->Magnetic
Salt lake.........................Dry Sand...................Iron Stone
Wet Beach Sand

The Impact has all the Bell's and Whistles available

Auto GB Overload Drop the gain
Still Can't Auto GB Try Auto GB in GOG, then change modes
Still Can't Auto GB, Manual GB

Hope that Helps

Mal

Thanks for your info Mal.The percentage number on the meter is a good indicator of the relative amount of mineralisation of the various goldfields I have been to so far,and South Wedderburn comes at the top of the list with the highest percentage ie 90%. At the end of the day I am happy if my detector can GB everywhere in all the goldfields and only Wedderburn made the Impacts DEEP mode sluggish-by that I mean it can still GB but does not register a signal every second sweep. I am impressed DEEP can be used up to 85% as the Nokta manual advises to use it only in medium mineralisation.My other option at Wedderburn is to change the standard settings in DEEP to make it less sluggish, but there are lots of other modes like DI3 which work well there.
Wishing you the best,Rob.

Latest posts