New Nokta Au Gold Finder detector in the works?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Yet more leaks on a possible analogue gold detector from Nokta, getting hard to keep up with new detectors from these guys. Looks like a direct competitor to the GMT and Gold Bug 2.

http://md-hunter.com/nokta-au-gold-finder-new-2016/

1453524583_nokta-au-gold-finder-new-2016-01.jpg

The GMT has all ready been bettered with the Gold RACER in our soil. This could be Nokta answering the call to Makro..?
Stayed tuned... 2016 should be an interesting one.?

According to Nokta, this detector is being produced privately for Kellyco in the US, so whether we will ever see this detector sold here is another matter.

I mentioned on Steve's forum that this "kellyco" version would be good if you could hip mount it. As is, I think the Gold Racer with batteries under the armrest would have a nicer balance. Will soon find out.

1454078249_unnamed.jpg

A little update, the Au Gold Finder is now available in Oz :Y:

I have ordered one for myself to have a play with and first impressions are very good. It's so nice to be able to adjust Sens and iSat with dedicated knobs and be able to look down and see all your settings in front of you (talked about this fact a lot with the Eureka Gold).

Build quality is excellent, all knobs have a very firm feel.

Supplied coils have long cables to enable hip-mounting, but can also use Gold Racer coils (shorter cable) which will save a bit of weight.

Stay tuned for more details as I get some more time on it.

will be interesting how it stacks up against the gold racer price wise as well

lewy said:
will be interesting how it stacks up against the gold racer price wise as well

Price is a little dearer, but you get knobs n switches, 2 coils, hip-mount ability, and IP54 rating. But you do lose target ID. Another difference is that there is no adjustable tone. On the Gold Racer you have a choice of low or high tone, but the unit always defaults to Low tone. The Au Gold Finder tone is very close to the Gold Racer's high tone (maybe a touch lower), which is a perfect selection which will suit most users I think.

I think the Gold Racer is like a Racer with a much higher frequency, but can still be used for coins/jewellery.

The AU Gold is more like a modern day Fisher Gold Bug, with Auto ground balance and tracking.

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/nokta-au-gold-finder-detector/

Good points.I have been using my gold racer on the beach for relics and the id numbers are really helpfull not foolproof but usefull. specially in the very trashy areas.

Correct me if I am wrong but I always thought high frequency vlf,s are unstable on our Central and Northern Golden Triangle..I think 20 Khz machines or lower were more suitable for our conditions.I have found the Nokta Impact is very good at pulling up 0.1 gram targets at 4 inches,so is the Racer any better? The Impact is also stable in very highly mineralised ground unlike the Gold Racer. But if you all want to ignore the Impact and kill it off then you will ultimately be the losers.

Frequency is just one of the many things that makes a detector tick. In general, all other things being equal, a higher freq VLF will be reacting more to ground than a lower frequency. So yes, a 20kHz Nokta machine will generally handle mineralisation better than a 56 kHz Nokta machine.

But, a 56 kHz Nokta machine will still work a heck of a lot better than a cheap 5kHz coin detector with no ground balance. Quality of the ground balance, threshold stability, coil stability, audio, circuit gain, etc etc. are all parameters that can make or break any potential gold machine. The Impact handles average goldfield mineralisation very well.

The great thing about any Nokta/Makro machine is the very wide sensitivity range, so you can tone things down when the going gets tough, or you can boost things up when you get into some favourable ground.

The AU looks like an old design setup and may be a bit nose heavy. It would need to be light like the Gold Bug 2 to compensate for this.Knobs are not as accurate as the 0-100 digital settings which the Impact/ Racer 2 have.It the AU hasn't got a deep disc. mode and only an all metal mode,it won,t keep up remotely with the the PI,s for going deep. Saw some comments about Racer Gold users unable to handle the Central Victorian hot ground and no idea why.Amazes me that some people do little research before buying a detector and are not acquainted with local conditions.So yes they are next to useless here in most areas.They need to go where the quartz is milky white indicating little iron in the ground.

Also, many users prefer the "old design" being knobs and switches as you can just look at the panel and immediately see your settings, and very quickly make the necessary adjustments. The Au can also be hip-mounted, so with the supplied 5" coil it is the lightest detector on the market (together with GB2 with the small coil).

No detector is perfect, that's why there are 100's on the market.

oldtimerROB said:
The AU looks like an old design setup and may be a bit nose heavy. It would need to be light like the Gold Bug 2 to compensate for this.Knobs are not as accurate as the 0-100 digital settings which the Impact/ Racer 2 have.It the AU hasn't got a deep disc. mode and only an all metal mode,it won,t keep up remotely with the the PI,s for going deep. Saw some comments about Racer Gold users unable to handle the Central Victorian hot ground and no idea why.Amazes me that some people do little research before buying a detector and are not acquainted with local conditions.So yes they are next to useless here in most areas.They need to go where the quartz is milky white indicating little iron in the ground.

0-100 is way better than 0-30 or 0-50 But rotary controls are infinitely variable so rotary controls would have a slight advantage,

There is no reason why a VLF should have a "Deep" mode it should run in Deep all the time, for a simple reason,,, VLF's have awesome power but throw in some mineralization and they loose depth quickly, "Deep" on a PI is a great function to have because the nature of how they work and the fact is they more often than "NOT" have too much power.

Here is what you posted on your depth test thread on a coke can, where you had your machine set to 70% Gain setting using the standard mode/s.

Quote,
"I am getting the ball rolling by including my results- Nokta Impact, all metal mode 12 to 15 inches,loud to good signal."

Doing the same test when set to the "ABSOLUTELY" lowest possible setting I get 55cm/21.65" and if I listen for a faint signal then that depth goes even higher, But when you compare the two machines using the above settings there is a 9.65 to 6.65" difference using your depth figures when yours is set to 70% and mine is set to "0" ( ZERO ) and the more I turn it up the more that difference grows.

The AU Goldfinder does not need the "Deep" mode because it is set up to provide maximum depth even at the lowest settings, because prospectors want/need maximum depth at all times when using VLF's. So having that Deep mode creates false hope that you are getting something special, I will tell you now! That even in the deep mode it ain't worth $hite and lacks power.

You need to stop making comparisons with the Impact with "Known" Proven Gold machines because they have nothing to prove, And most of them Won out 15 to 20 years ago and they will kick the Impacts Ass,

Give it up, again it's a good multipurpose machine and nothing more, If you like that's all that matters, So for gods sake please stop posting pages of unresearched unproven Dribble.